GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Straight pipes

caii.boogie

Anyone here got 3 inch straight pipes ? Would like to know what they think about it. Got an appointment in a week to get it done. Videos would be well appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
In my experience, you're going to get sick of it real quick and gather a lot of unwanted attention.

caii.boogie

In my experience, you're going to get sick of it real quick and gather a lot of unwanted attention.

Lmaooo I like the attention and the loudness. But I’m kinda afraid I’m not gonna like the rasp to it so thinking of that is the case I’ll slap a little resonator in there. You had the straight pipes ?

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Search YouTube for "GTI straight pipes" and you'll find a few videos. It's not "20 year old Honda" bad, because the turbo muffles a bit of sound, but it doesn't sound great. It's just a lot of low quality noise.

caii.boogie

Search YouTube for "GTI straight pipes" and you'll find a few videos. It's not "20 year old Honda" bad, because the turbo muffles a bit of sound, but it doesn't sound great. It's just a lot of low quality noise.

Lol if it sounds that bad I’ll put a performance muffler on

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Lol if it sounds that bad I’ll put a performance muffler on

Yeah I’d throw a few dollars on the side for a vibrant resonator, at least. It’d probably leave you with about the same volume with less rasp.

I’m the oddball that likes a bit more rasp and treble in my exhaust note and a little less bass, but a straight pipe is just too much for me.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

pdan

Ready to race!

caii.boogie

I love it. Puts a HUGE smile on my face everytime I drive it lmao.

not too crazy raspy if full throttle. Just a little.

3inch pipe to a 2.5 inch pipe. Used to be a Borla catback til I cut the resonator off.

Sooo the mid piping is all 3 inches but then where the muffler was it’s now 2.5 ?