GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Jack Sparrow

Passed Driver's Ed
Bought the Sony XAV-AX5000 head unit. Will install this week and post pictures.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
good luck

riceburner

Autocross Champion
91000 miles on stock rotors and pads??

Phur

Autocross Champion
Will be attempting to change my rear rotors and pads for the first time after 91.5k miles. Wish me luck.

Auto parts stores have the caliper piston tool sets available as a loaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Will be attempting to change my rear rotors and pads for the first time after 91.5k miles. Wish me luck.

I hope you've got a breaker bar. I couldn't even figure out how to get my compact electric impact in to remove the carrier bolts. Breaker bar made it pretty easy though.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I hope you've got a breaker bar. I couldn't even figure out how to get my compact electric impact in to remove the carrier bolts. Breaker bar made it pretty easy though.

What he said^

Also get your car up as high as you can on stands to get longer breaker bar in there. Goodluck.

PB blaster perhaps

fbgmoney

Ready to race!
91000 miles on stock rotors and pads??

Yup. I guess I don't use the brakes. Do you think it's worth it to buy a torque wrench for installing the carrier bolts? I don't have anything that measures that high. My plan now it to torque all I can torque.

I'm bought that caliper piston retractor set because I like having useless tools I guess.

davisharr

Go Kart Champion
Holy balls, how do you guys who have always lived in cold climates get under and work on the car outside when it’s 40 degrees outside?? Or do you just not, unless it’s in a garage?? Need to re-attach my front lip, figured out apparently I need to remove the OEM front splash guard....who knew it wasn’t just 4 bolts into existing holes. Of which I only put in 3.....

I installed my front lip in -25 deg C (-13f for you non metric guys), laying in the snow on my back. LOL. Biggest struggle was making sure jack stands where on solid ground not a layer of ice. It sucks but you do what you have to do when your a car guy! And you learn some good tricks of the trade, like always wear a toque to keep body heat in, and disposable nitrile rubber gloves over small thin wool gloves makes a warm waterproof shield that still gives you some dexterity!

Phur

Autocross Champion
I got a 1-1/2’ breaker bar and was able to get mine loose without even getting under the car. I stayed next to it. I don’t have jackstands and have a gravel driveway. I was just using the factory jack, one wheel at a time. No penetrating fluid was needed for the carrier bolts but came in very handy for the rotors.

fbgmoney

Ready to race!
I got a 1-1/2’ breaker bar and was able to get mine loose without even getting under the car. I stayed next to it. I don’t have jackstands and have a gravel driveway. I was just using the factory jack, one wheel at a time. No penetrating fluid was needed for the carrier bolts but came in very handy for the rotors.

This is the encouragement I need.