GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 stage 2 kill stories, lets hear them!

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
You’ll pull on all gen STi/wrxs most of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They make more power pretty easily? Wrx I understand, didn't expect it as much with a STI. :iono:

I used to have a Evo, subies aren't my area of expertise.

Heat soak really started to set in though, can't wait till I have water/meth setup. Hoping to crack 290+ whp. Virtual Dyno is saying 270/330 right now on 91. 93 and E30 tunes incoming.

Gonna run Allchokedup's k04 2door mk6 eventually, hope I don't get dragged too bad lol.

Last edited:

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
They just need more parts and a retune for every mod they do and sometimes takes a while to data log and get the tune file to be working great, as for the gti it’s just literally a downpipe with a tune and you’re ready to rock n’ roll. Plus the fwd power delivery is what I’m guessing helps out if you do a roll match and little to no turbo lag as well.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
They just need more parts and a retune for every mod they do and sometimes takes a while to data log and get the tune file to be working great, as for the gti it’s just literally a downpipe with a tune and you’re ready to rock n’ roll. Plus the fwd power delivery is what I’m guessing helps out if you do a roll match and little to no turbo lag as well.

Wish my setup was just a downpipe and tune lol. I've over-complicated things, and it's only gonna get worse.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
They make more power pretty easily? Wrx I understand, didn't expect it as much with a STI. :iono:

I used to have a Evo, subies aren't my area of expertise.

Heat soak really started to set in though, can't wait till I have water/meth setup. Hoping to crack 290+ whp. Virtual Dyno is saying 270/330 right now on 91. 93 and E30 tunes incoming.

Gonna run Allchokedup's k04 2door mk6 eventually, hope I don't get dragged too bad lol.

Just dont let me get a length on ya, I will hit the smoke screen :)

Izzypr40

My sweet ride
2011 gti revo stage 2
Forge twin-take induction system
Down pipe no catalysts full 3’ exhaust
Dual intercooler
Busting 17pounds.
Around 360 at the crank.
Stage 3 clutch
Go fast bits diverter valve
cts high flow turbo outlet pipes
Red R-8 upgrades coil pack
Red limiter elimination and speedometer
Fasted speed from now 165mph on Florida

Best kill
Mustang got 4.6
Focus st stage 2+ full bolt
Charger R/T
Subaru Sti wrs roll from 40-120 and 60-120
350z
Mustang 2018 4 liter turbo full exhaust
Génesis v6

ccmk6

MK6 GTI Stage 2
Destroyed a 2012 or 2015 V6 camaro (I cant really remember it was dark), twice from a low roll and once from a dig. Put about a car length on him each time

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Gonna run Allchokedup's k04 2door mk6 eventually, hope I don't get dragged too bad lol.[/QUOTE]

This race happend, I would say 2-3 car lengths from 30-90..
His car is having some tuning issues and mine had traction issues which have been corrected. We have a rematch when he gets his buttoned up, if my engine doesnt crap out first.
Good fun!

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Had two oddities this past week with my Stage 2 MK6.

First, was a last gen RX-8. I didn't even realize I was racing, until I heard that little singer sewing machine rev up after he was moving. He was almost a car ahead of me when I jumped on it and started to go around him at 35 to 40 MPH. By 80, he was a couple of bus lengths back and he was not impressed. I honestly thought those cars were quicker, but he got on it at a weird time by taking off normal then rolling into the throttle. I tend to remember having to rev the hell out of the RX-8 just to get it to move off the line. Granted, I only test drove one when they were new and didn't like the fact that it was a lot of trouble to get it to break traction, lol.

Another was a bone stock late gen WRX. He was revving like he was Paul Walker in F&F 1. Now, I did use launch control on him, and I went around him way sooner than I thought I would. I'm talking he maybe, and I mean maybe, had half a car on me when I started to go around him from a dead stop. Honestly, I didn't think the 2.0s were that slow and I'm almost certain my 2012 WRX would have pulled harder off the line and hit 60 quicker. So, I'm assuming the car was bone stock AND the driver didn't want to abuse his clutch to launch it properly because I expected having to make up more ground before going around him. He didn't look too impressed either... In fact the next day we were lined up at a light again, and he didn't even bother to rev at me, lol.