GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
So far I can't say I have any complaints with the update. I'm not sure I've noticed too much of a difference. I still feel like I get too many prompts on my Galaxy S8 when I connect Android Auto but I'm not sure exactly if it cleaned up some of them.

One thing I'm not sure was fixed because I haven't tried but I also didn't read much about is whether connecting phone via blue tooth and trying to play music, plays the correct song. So basically if you connect your phone via blue tooth and then go to the "Media" button, browse through your songs and choose one, it would play some other random song but display the information for the song you chose. Basically made selecting a song from the screen entirely useless.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
For 187B/E Noname avalible last update 5516 with voice oper volume control
http://rcd330plus.com/showthread.php?tid=1009

Apparently this will not be released for free? Nor have they reached their 100 buyer quota to make it available??

I partially see how they want payment for any devices that they brick, but there also has to be a better way. It's like funding their continued support and you only receive support if you pay for it.

I see it from that perspective but I also see it as a negative overall. It's basically, buy our products, but don't expect support afterwards unless you pay for that also. The units are pricey enough, and then you add on additional costs to keep improving of the unit you purchased... I don't know, kind of 50/50 on that stance.

SkyNet

If you don’t need the extra functionality that they offer then you can download the previous version. Should work for most of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Took advantage of the eBay 15% off coupon, and joined the 330 crowd. Unit was straight plug & play on my Dynaudio equipped car.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Took advantage of the eBay 15% off coupon, and joined the 330 crowd. Unit was straight plug & play on my Dynaudio equipped car.

Is that MirrorLink? I think my phone has that.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
This is CarPlay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gotcha.

I use AndroidAuto but I also have MirrorLink on my phone so I might give that a shot also and see which interface I prefer. :thumbup:

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
So I was getting ready to test the 5515 firmware , but it looks like the thread has been deleted. I even had it bookmarked . When I click on it it's no longer available.
Sneaky if you ask me, but of course the paid for version is being advertised. V5516

Sent from my Pixel 2

ImitationMan

Passed Driver's Ed
So I was getting ready to test the 5515 firmware , but it looks like the thread has been deleted. I even had it bookmarked . When I click on it it's no longer available.
Sneaky if you ask me, but of course the paid for version is being advertised. V5516

Sent from my Pixel 2

Well, goturks did get banned from here about the time he started the RCD 330 forum/website. I've been following the 5515/5516 firmware updates too and I probably won't buy a firmware update from them since he can never give a straight answer about why he charged for the 5515, then released it for free and now wants people to pay for 5516 two weeks later and won't shed and details on future development.

dcnz

Passed Driver's Ed

I have a copy of the 5515 firmware from that thread if you want it. I did the update earlier in the week and it worked fine.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Well, goturks did get banned from here about the time he started the RCD 330 forum/website. I've been following the 5515/5516 firmware updates too and I probably won't buy a firmware update from them since he can never give a straight answer about why he charged for the 5515, then released it for free and now wants people to pay for 5516 two weeks later and won't shed and details on future development.
I understand that it costs money for them to test the firmware and what not. Would have been better if he asked for donations instead.

But yeah the fact that he charged $20 for it and then released it for free. Then deleted all traces of it and released 5516 for €15 is just a bit dishonest. And he even stated in the thread that anyone that paid money for 5515 will get future updates for free. Yeah right [emoji23][emoji23].

Sent from my Pixel 2

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I have a copy of the 5515 firmware from that thread if you want it. I did the update earlier in the week and it worked fine.
Thanks I got a pm for the file

Sent from my Pixel 2