GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
You can find Rear View Mirror glue at Canadian Tire or Parts Source Stores.

I'm not a fan of Auto Dimming Mirrors, reminds me of an infamous ticket I got, made worst by the fact that the Cop was behind my BMW pi$$ing me off,... I couldn't recognize the car until it was too late. Then the bastard raped me in court.

Sounds like its trying to adapt remove and clean the throttle body throughly. Install new intake seals as well, when the engine is cold old intake seals will allow air to pass until they warm up. I woulda suggested that for WW's problem but it doesn't get cold enough where he lives to cool the steam off sh!t.

The mirror I've picked up should be able to mount right onto the stock mirror mount, so if I ever feel like switching back to the manual mirror, it should be super simple!

Rockauto has some intake manifold gaskets for super cheap, so I may pick some up if the issue keeps coming back.. Glad to hear you're okay with the ice, knocking on wood so I don't run into the same problem especially with the temps dropping below -20 this weekend

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
The mirror I've picked up should be able to mount right onto the stock mirror mount, so if I ever feel like switching back to the manual mirror, it should be super simple!

Rockauto has some intake manifold gaskets for super cheap, so I may pick some up if the issue keeps coming back.. Glad to hear you're okay with the ice, knocking on wood so I don't run into the same problem especially with the temps dropping below -20 this weekend

:eek: -20! My suggestion is to move to a warmer climate. I think it's going to be in the 70’s here this weekend. I'll be thinking of you while I'm at the beach.

I just picked up one of these for the toolbox for IM removal.

CTA Tools 8541 14" x 6mm VW Hex... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VX0RI3S?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I got an Amazon gift card for Chrismas so I thought I would upgrade my wonky homemade version.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
We got a centimetre of snow last night so was out today testing the ABS Pump hack to turn off Traction Control and ESC.

The Golf was faster accelerating with traction control off than with it on.

At the track when there is loads of grip turning off ESC maybe an option but when it gets slippery leave it on.

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
Took advantage of the snow today and went to my empty work parking lot to give my car a fun spin with traction control off. The only time of year I get to have some drifting excitement :D

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Got some Driver Gear Springs [emoji16]

Sent from my ANE-LX3 using Tapatalk

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
Tried to wire up my city lights to the CECM, but couldn't figure out why it wasn't lighting up after connecting the repair wire, but it was getting chilly in my parking garage, so I called it quits for the day. Installed a whiter city light tho, so at least when my lowbeams are running, there isn't a yellow light inside the city lights portion.

Frankly, I'm not confident that the city lights will provide enough light to safely replace my DRL's, so I turned on my fog lights as DRL's again, just for some visibility from drivers during the day.

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Great buy, make sure you put new rubber mounts on all corners.
Do you mean the top mounts? Im getting ttrs mounts for the front, not sure about rears. I got these gti suspensions for around 150. They were under 10k. Any advices?

Sent from my ANE-LX3 using Tapatalk