GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinions ECS control arm bushings

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Care to elaborate on "track record"? Most I hear is just to avoid because they are not a "true" aftermarket part manufacturer. Yet everyone I've talked to who actually has ECS parts is fairly satisfied.

Their reputation is not very good... There's a fb group with 7,000 members called "why I hate ECS"

I've ordered a bunch of parts from them over the years and haven't had any major problems... But I've seen some things from others that make me think twice.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Their reputation is not very good... There's a fb group with 7,000 members called "why I hate ECS"

I've ordered a bunch of parts from them over the years and haven't had any major problems... But I've seen some things from others that make me think twice.

Yea don't get me wrong I don't like the company itself aha.
I'm doing a return on a order right now because they sent me the wrong item and customer service was dreadful.

But as far as quality for item most say its good with no complaints. Most of their items come from actual tuning companies they have acquired.

That's mainly why I'm trying to see if anyone has hands on, best reference I can get without having actual product.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
ECS branded items are questionable.

I've seen plenty of issues with their spacers.

I ordered side markers for an R bumper from them that were "ecs brand" and one of them isn't even usable.

If they can't make simpler items like that function correctly I wouldn't trust them for more serious things.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
ECS branded items are questionable.

I've seen plenty of issues with their spacers.

I ordered side markers for an R bumper from them that were "ecs brand" and one of them isn't even usable.

If they can't make simpler items like that function correctly I wouldn't trust them for more serious things.

What issues are there with ECS spacers?, I know plenty of people running their flush kit.

As far as side markers, simple plastic components are usually outsourced cheaply even with bigger tuning companies, especially when they're purely cosmetic. Not trying to defend them.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I just don't get the reasoning for trying to convince yourself that they'll be good. I don't think its worth the headache or the hassle. Chances are in a year you'll be replacing them after they start to fall apart. Even the guys that make bushings as a primary source of income have issues with their bushings once in a while, and you're expecting a huge company like ECS that puts their foot into everything, and makes it worse, to make a decent bushing. I've had a BFI dogbone mount turn into dust and plenty of people out there have had issues with 034 motor mounts.

ECS is mostly fine to order from...I just wouldn't bother with the parts they've branded as theirs.

Do it nice or do it twice will be the lesson learned.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I just don't get the reasoning for trying to convince yourself that they'll be good. I don't think its worth the headache or the hassle. Chances are in a year you'll be replacing them after they start to fall apart. Even the guys that make bushings as a primary source of income have issues with their bushings once in a while, and you're expecting a huge company like ECS that puts their foot into everything, and makes it worse, to make a decent bushing. I've had a BFI dogbone mount turn into dust and plenty of people out there have had issues with 034 motor mounts.

ECS is mostly fine to order from...I just wouldn't bother with the parts they've branded as theirs.

This 100%.

Why are you trying to see a reason to use them so hard? I don't see any substantial cost benefit for ecs bushings over others.. What's the logic here???

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion

Where are these "chances" your referring to coming from ??
And how do you know they "make it worse", please tell me.
I'm aware every aftermarket has issues on occasion, so I'm just trying to figure out why ECS is on the chopping block 24/7 with no real sources...

This 100%.

Why are you trying to see a reason to use them so hard? I don't see any substantial cost benefit for ecs bushings over others.. What's the logic here???

I'm not trying to see a reason to use them I'm trying to see a reason not to. At this point I'm just trying to see if yes indeed ECS sucks or if its all because one person made a comment "ECS = bad" and everyone has just accepted it at this point.

Hence the main reason of this post being opinions from experience on ECS Bushings. I don't care if their side marker fitment is bad, or which idiot spec'ed their fitment catalog.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
They probably aren't even made by ECS. Probably outsourced chinese crap.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
They probably aren't even made by ECS. Probably outsourced chinese crap.

I don't doubt that its outsourced one bit, I would be more surprised if it wasnt.
As far as it being chinese crap, no idea.

I may risk it and give a review after not like bushings are all that expensive.
Just want to make sure someones not gonna chime in and be like these bushings made my car explode aha.