Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Sauber

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Manor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

torga

Autocross Champion
If you watched the Indy GP at IMS last Saturday you saw one heck of a race. More passing & a better race than F1 has ever had. I really like F1, but the racing has been pretty poor & processional. I truly hope it gets better.

Although Indy cars on an oval is not for me. Aiming at walls while going 200 MPH is stupidity of the highest order.

I've been meaning to get into Moto GP for the excitement. I'll have to check out Indy one of these days. I might be watching the Indy 500 next week, but only to see how Alonso does - Mr. Potential Triple Crown.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I've been meaning to get into Moto GP for the excitement. I'll have to check out Indy one of these days. I might be watching the Indy 500 next week, but only to see how Alonso does - Mr. Potential Triple Crown.

He crashed in practice so theres that. I hope he does well though too.

moto gp is alright, just kind of lacks something..maybe cause the following bike doesnt get much tow from aero. i dunno.

indy car racing is more exciting this year than f1, you can tell they are really fighting their cars grip potential etc.

torga

Autocross Champion
He crashed in practice so theres that. I hope he does well though too.

moto gp is alright, just kind of lacks something..maybe cause the following bike doesnt get much tow from aero. i dunno.

indy car racing is more exciting this year than f1, you can tell they are really fighting their cars grip potential etc.

They had electrical problems all last weekend before the crash, so it's really not looking stellar. Hoping they pull it off for a good quali and race weekend.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
No need to watch how Alonso does at Indy. He was bumped out. I wonder if he'll come back next year.

Has Ferrari fixed their issues? Will the Benz boys start fighting each other? Monaco this weekend will answer those questions & more.

torga

Autocross Champion
No need to watch how Alonso does at Indy. He was bumped out. I wonder if he'll come back next year.

Has Ferrari fixed their issues? Will the Benz boys start fighting each other? Monaco this weekend will answer those questions & more.

Yeah, I saw. Big bummer...

I'm thinking either nothing at all will change and we'll get another Merc one-two, or Max may do very well. RBR has been pretty king in the twisties these past few years.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
I hope Monaco will be fun to watch, but unfortunately there's not much overtaking on that course so I'm pretty sure it'll be like the last race.

torga

Autocross Champion
I hope Monaco will be fun to watch, but unfortunately there's not much overtaking on that course so I'm pretty sure it'll be like the last race.
Last year was fun only because Ricciardo was on the brink of being passed for a good part of the race. I'm hoping something exciting happens this year.

torga

Autocross Champion
I was just heading here to post; you beat me to it.

It was a treat seeing him on the grid every race weekend - still active and passionate. RIP, you legend.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
RIP , he was quite young . Waiting for more details, i read in the past year or so he got a double lung transplant. Maybe complications of that.

I hope they honor him at Monaco with some type of dedicated tribute.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I'm sure he had his lung transplant due to complications from breathing in fire & fumes when he crashed in 1976. He was so lucky to survive, go on to race again & be world champion 2 more times. What a life. I sure will miss seeing him in the Mercedes garage.

RIP Niki. You will be remembered.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
What's the point in watching F1 anymore? This was the first interesting race of the season and it got stolen by FIA. Even Hamilton was like, "WTF? I didn't make the decision."

I'm curious how Vettel was supposed to "re-enter"? It's not like he really ever left the track. He skidded across some grass at 100 mph.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
What's the point in watching F1 anymore? This was the first interesting race of the season and it got stolen by FIA. Even Hamilton was like, "WTF? I didn't make the decision."

I'm curious how Vettel was supposed to "re-enter"? It's not like he really ever left the track. He skidded across some grass at 100 mph.

Yep, from grass to pavement there is still a traction issue happening.

Never forget Mercedes is large F1 sponsor, and its safety car is sponsored by Mercedes....makes you wonder what else they could buy. (fia) :thumbsup: :p

Montreal is essentially a city circuit in terms of track width as well...where was he supposed to go ? i hear ya there.

IF they absolutely HAD TO penalize him...that shouldve been a change of position from p1 to p2...which would at least give him a few laps to try to steal his position back.

5 seconds though? thats a slap in the face. Saw somewhere else the conspiracy theories that were saying that leclerc was closing in on vettels 5 second window but then somehow slowly fell back to +6 seconds...

interesting theory that does make a lot of sense actually.

Let them drive agreed.

Only one way to solve this. Will play F1 2018 tonight and recreate the incident.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

1. Agreed, the F1 has become predictable and boring.

2. Rules are rules. They don’t get ignored just because it would make the race/season more interesting. That would take all what little credibility the stewards have left.

3. Yes, Lewis didn’t make the decision, but he knew exactly what he was doing by pointing it out. If Lewis didn’t say anything the stewards would’ve probably let it slide.

4. The telemetry and in car video don’t lie. It shows he left the track, re-entered the track, regained control, and continued on the racing line. As soon as that impedes another racer it’s game over for Vettel whether he had control or not.

Even Nico agreed it’s a penalty.

2:20

https://youtu.be/_gykAh22nbM