GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Got new wheels, way more lighter than the old one. 18lb vs 48lb for 18inch wheel. It's BBS wheel from an Evo X with brand new Firehawk Indy 500 tires

Other than that, I started working on the turbo build, preparing the engine for removal

:)
Nice, same bolt patterns?

Sent from my ANE-LX3 using Tapatalk

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Got new wheels, way more lighter than the old one. 18lb vs 48lb for 18inch wheel. It's BBS wheel from an Evo X with brand new Firehawk Indy 500 tires

Other than that, I started working on the turbo build, preparing the engine for removal

:)

That’s in insane weight savings. You’re doing a build thread for the turbo right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
IMG_1568.jpg

Clean for a day at least

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Looks great! Love your wheels!

Heading back to Ontario tomorrow - first order of business is to wash my car caked in month old parking garage dust

Looking for some Neuspeed RSEo5 next in 17x8...Goals will perform winter duty. My car looks like a tennis ball every day with all the pollen from the trees lol

I had my interior professionally done. Makes a big difference in HP;)

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Looks great! Love your wheels!

Heading back to Ontario tomorrow - first order of business is to wash my car caked in month old parking garage dust
Welcome back Edwin.

My Son and I drove the Golf down to New England Patriot land for the first public "look see" at this years crop of NFL Rookies. Already visited Buffalo, in the coming weeks it's off to Pittsburg and Cleveland then Football Hall of Fame (Got free Tickets).

Cheers

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
Welcome back Edwin.

My Son and I drove the Golf down to New England Patriot land for the first public "look see" at this years crop of NFL Rookies.

Thanks! The Google maps directions show a long twisty road down to New England, hope you guys had a blast driving down.

IE is having the Memorial Day sale this weekend, it might be time for me to hop on that stage 1 tune! Mark, if you're still down to load the tune for me, I'll pm you for more info!

Coming back to the Golf after a month of driving my first manual car (B15 Sentra SE-R Spec V).. I can feel the extra 500lbs of weight even though the HP and TQ numbers are so similar.. clutch and steering is SUPER light compared to my old car. Definitely more comfortable for daily driving, but the B15 was a bit more raw and unrefined fun :thumbsup:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks! The Google maps directions show a long twisty road down to New England, hope you guys had a blast driving down.

IE is having the Memorial Day sale this weekend, it might be time for me to hop on that stage 1 tune! Mark, if you're still down to load the tune for me, I'll pm you for more info!

Coming back to the Golf after a month of driving my first manual car (B15 Sentra SE-R Spec V).. I can feel the extra 500lbs of weight even though the HP and TQ numbers are so similar.. clutch and steering is SUPER light compared to my old car. Definitely more comfortable for daily driving, but the B15 was a bit more raw and unrefined fun :thumbsup:
Nah, we took the Highway, you gotta get up extra early to get in coz they may limit the amount of people.

No problem Edwin on using my IE Flash tool. Follow the instructions and Download the IE Flash App to your Laptop, the IE Flash Tool is USB. IE makes it so easy to Load, less than 10 minutes, we hook up a Battery charger to keep the battery voltage high coz the Radiator Fans run at Full speed during the Tune installation.

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
Just ordered the stage 1 IE tune!! So excited to finally get this running on the golf, again big thanks to Mark for helping out with the Powerlink dongle.

My only stupid question is this- I've got an almost full tank of 87.. The tune is made to run 91/93, will I have knock if I tune with 87 sitting in the tank, or should I burn some gas and fill up 1/2 - 3/4 of my tank with premium?

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Just ordered the stage 1 IE tune!! So excited to finally get this running on the golf, again big thanks to Mark for helping out with the Powerlink dongle.

My only stupid question is this- I've got an almost full tank of 87.. The tune is made to run 91/93, will I have knock if I tune with 87 sitting in the tank, or should I burn some gas and fill up 1/2 - 3/4 of my tank with premium?
Better if it's all 91, but if you have half tank of 87, I would get some 93 from Esso to fix it up. I don't know, that's what I did.

Sent from my ANE-LX3 using Tapatalk

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion

My only stupid question is this- I've got an almost full tank of 87. The tune is made to run 91/93, will I have knock if I tune with 87 sitting in the tank, or should I burn some gas and fill up 1/2 - 3/4 of my tank with premium?

You won't have an issue. I have run 87 out of curiosity and it did feel like it wasn't running great but I didn't notice any pinging of knocking. I could tell the difference though and I threw in a bottle of Lucas Oil octane booster.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Threw on these little Enkei stickers. The older rims used to come this way now they are stamped and not as fun. Added like 5 hp too. Ha! That's my little JDM joke for the day.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Yesterday we got a Call from the Don Valley VW Body Shop, VW Canada has authorized the repaint of both front fenders. I took some pictures of a few more random rust spots on the Golf and sent them in, today they responded that the spots will be added to the warranty claim. The Golf goes in on Monday morning, I'm hopeful of getting it by Wednesday.

According to the build date of November 2009, so our Golf is nine and half years old; if they come through with this to my satisfaction I will definitely go out and buy another VW Product by year end.