Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Sauber

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Manor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

torga

Autocross Champion
I think he was squirrely coming off the grass then likely hit the throttle to accelerate which cracked the back end loose, resulting in the "extra move".

However you gotta ask yourself, even if there was a move...rules state youre allowed at least 1 move to defend your position sooo... :iono:

i dunno. i just want to see leclerc win a podium and or a race already...and its time for stroll to leave. lol
Yep, that's exactly what happened. Leaned a bit too much on the throttle once back on the track and skrrt skrrt, had to correct a bit. Happens almost every time a driver rejoins in a hurry - nothing new.
Man, Bahrain broke my heart. I was so excited and happy to see Leclerc doing so well, only for a mechanical failure to put him out. That's racing... but it still sucked.

IMO the penalty does not fit the crime.
This. ^
As i said before, surrendering p1 position and then having to battle it back in last few laps wouldve been more fitting.
100% agree - this would've been the perfect penalty. Vettel still made a mistake, after all.

torga

Autocross Champion
Excellent, objective analysis video on the topic from ChainBear. For those that don't know about him, he makes excellent technical videos about all aspects of F1, from tech regulations to racing regulations and more.

https://youtu.be/WvBKv5jPvrk

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Yep, that's exactly what happened. Leaned a bit too much on the throttle once back on the track and skrrt skrrt, had to correct a bit.

100% agree - this would've been the perfect penalty. Vettel still made a mistake, after all.

Yep , 5 seconds was way too much for a borderline penalty like that.

French GP predictions, leclerc wins. Stroll p18 .

torga

Autocross Champion
Awesome. So yeah, the penalty was justified. On to France!
You obviously had a very different takeaway from that video than most people would. It was an over-penalized incident and this video describes the situation perfectly. Watch it again, maybe?
But yes, on to France! Here's hoping we don't continue with the current, boring 2019 season trend.

Yep , 5 seconds was way too much for a borderline penalty like that.

French GP predictions, leclerc wins. Stroll p18 .
Checks out. Stroll can't be anywhere lower than that because there's Russell and Kubica.

torga

Autocross Champion
While I like f1 (I like all racing), I do find it to be a bit boring compared to some of the other series. GT2 racing FTW
Formula E has really been picking up the pace and their quali structure is really, really good.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
You obviously had a very different takeaway from that video than most people would. It was an over-penalized incident and this video describes the situation perfectly. Watch it again, maybe?
But yes, on to France! Here's hoping we don't continue with the current, boring 2019 season trend.

Checks out. Stroll can't be anywhere lower than that because there's Russell and Kubica.
:lol:
While I like f1 (I like all racing), I do find it to be a bit boring compared to some of the other series. GT2 racing FTW
Yeah imsa in most cases can be more exciting. i like the series with the minicoopers, civics etc. I find prototype racing a bit hard to watch.
Formula E has really been picking up the pace and their quali structure is really, really good.

no sounds make it hard to watch but cool they have boost pickups .

I was gonna say Indy > F1 , reasoning? The cars arent stuck to the ground with insane amounts of aero and you can really see the drivers struggling for grip.

Formula E has 1 perk since quiet means city circuits .

torga

Autocross Champion
no sounds make it hard to watch but cool they have boost pickups .

I was gonna say Indy > F1 , reasoning? The cars arent stuck to the ground with insane amounts of aero and you can really see the drivers struggling for grip.

Formula E has 1 perk since quiet means city circuits .
What do you mean, no sounds? You don't like hearing *weeeeeeeeee* and *wunwunwunwunnnnnnnn-eeeeeee*
[emoji38]
I'd love to attend the Formula E race in Brooklyn - that's such a great location for a city race.

The Indy circuits are fun to watch. The ovals, not as much, imo.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Formula E sounds like my neighbor's battery operated string trimmer. Can't wrap my head around them.

I like all racing, but draw the line at those life size RC cars. ;-)

torga

Autocross Champion
Sure, they don't have the thrill of engine sounds, but they're still cars with all the fun problems that come with chassis balance, etc.
And seriously, the quali system that Formula E uses is awesome. F1 should start using something like it to curb some of this anti-competition that comes with dominant teams.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Sure, they don't have the thrill of engine sounds, but they're still cars with all the fun problems that come with chassis balance, etc.
And seriously, the quali system that Formula E uses is awesome. F1 should start using something like it to curb some of this anti-competition that comes with dominant teams.

After hearing V10 screaming in person...its hard for me to agree with this lmfao.

Also against your argument besides me loving the sounds...is the smells of the fuel.

Lets just all agree itd be really nice if spec miata racing out of nowhere got extremely popular in America and takes out Nascar.

torga

Autocross Champion
I mean, I totally get it. I've scrutineered in the pit lane at 6h of Circuit of the Americas. The Porsche RSR LMGTE cars damn near split my head open; it was marvelous.
I just appreciate all forms of racing and for me it goes beyond what's actually propelling the vehicle.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I mean, I totally get it. I've scrutineered in the pit lane at 6h of Circuit of the Americas. The Porsche RSR LMGTE cars damn near split my head open; it was marvelous.
I just appreciate all forms of racing and for me it goes beyond what's actually propelling the vehicle.

Lets talk about this. Probably the greatest wheel to wheel battle ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brNtbaMadX4

One of my favorite tracks too.

torga

Autocross Champion