GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
My new office has the worst of both. We only have 3 meeting rooms so it's basically never available. There's a few assholes who just go lock themselves in the meeting room all day and claim it as their office for the day. We don't have quite an open layout, more like half wall cubes. Having an office of my own the last 13 or so years and going to the cube life sucks ass.

That fucking happens ALL THE TIME HERE.

We have 3 official meeting rooms - of which they're always booked - and probably 8 non-bookable "huddle spaces".

The huddle spaces fill up first thing in the morning with all-day campers who treat it like their personal office. It's to the point where I don't even bother checking them anymore - they're guaranteed to be full. Usually by some youngster who still uses their book bag for carrying their crap around.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Lunch: Hot Cheetos™ and Marianos™ orange juice.

Not the ideal lunch.

That fucking happens ALL THE TIME HERE.

We have 3 official meeting rooms - of which they're always booked - and probably 8 non-bookable "huddle spaces".

The huddle spaces fill up first thing in the morning with all-day campers who treat it like their personal office. It's to the point where I don't even bother checking them anymore - they're guaranteed to be full. Usually by some youngster who still uses their book bag for carrying their crap around.

Lol, huddle spaces. That's what ours are called too. Corporations are such sheep.

People aren't allowed to just camp out in them all day though.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
People aren't allowed to just camp out in them all day though.

Officially? No, not here either.

But who's going to risk hurting feelings to kick someone out?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Until that manager needs to have an immediate, difficult conversation with an employee and there are no available meeting rooms. Or the manager needs to review confidential documents (like salary and budget papers) and has no private place to do it...

there are a few HR conference rooms

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
My new office has the worst of both. We only have 3 meeting rooms so it's basically never available. There's a few assholes who just go lock themselves in the meeting room all day and claim it as their office for the day. We don't have quite an open layout, more like half wall cubes. Having an office of my own the last 13 or so years and going to the cube life sucks ass.

yeah our meeting rooms require booking. we had a person who manages the on site services who polices people pulling that shit.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
are these manager level people doing this? management won't do shit about this? time to leave, and mention this in exit interview...

Yeah mostly director and above level people. I don't do that on purpose to set an example but some people are very entitled.

The problem is that at the old office, we all had our own personal office. Now nobody has an office.

Status
Not open for further replies.