GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Got the dv+ installed and whistling is gone. Thanks all.

nagokart

Ready to race!
Got the dv+ installed and whistling is gone. Thanks all.
Does the DV+ do anything else besides get rid of the whistling? I'm about to install one next one.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Does the DV+ do anything else besides get rid of the whistling? I'm about to install one next one.

Sharper throttle response and holds boost better. Even on a stock car it felt better.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Sharper throttle response and holds boost better. Even on a stock car it felt better.

It definitely improves throttle response. I had a rev c diverter valve and it's also holding boost better after switching gears.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Also, my dv was covered in oil when I pulled it out so it definitely needed some beefing up.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
really just upkeep to fix some annoying stuff. Went to FLA and ran into these annoying red bugs that just littered my front end.. finally just got a green scrubby, some hot dish soap water and lightly rubbed and finally got that crap off.

installed a OEM front lip I got from some one local, they painted it CG and I think it compliments the CW front bumper fairly well. Will try to post pics.
Engine OEM air filter done. I have a CAI to install but I think i'm going to wait til i go K04 to put it one. I don't feel it's worth the hassle for 1/2 Hp.
got the front right Mud flap back on after it ripped off so I'll be able to keep the passenger door clean again.
Checked the rear end, yup.. right rear bearing is gone. which is surprising knowing it was replaced 1.5yrs ago. SKF brand. Going to get Moog 30mm one off Rockauto and give it a try.

wish i had more time to detail interior and wash/wax the skin but that'll have to wait for another weekend.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Maintenance. Coolant flush, new reservoir. Straight water + vp fuels cool down additive

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Maintenance. Coolant flush, new reservoir. Straight water + vp fuels cool down additive

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Is there a performance reason you switched the reservoir?

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
It wasn't a 3M Scotch Brite, was it?

:eek::eek: nope nope nope. Just a Dollar store non abrasive type. And used very lightly with lots of soapy mix like a clay bar. Tried the clay bar even and that didn't work. I tested a small spot first to see if it disturbed the bumper paint and my tender finger tips were satisfied :D

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Is there a performance reason you switched the reservoir?

No, a few weeks ago I had a strange thing happen where the resevoir basically drained itself. Suspected the water pump at first but I drove back to IL from NC and didn't lose a drop. That had me scratching my head. Another user suggested it might be the resevoir not making a tight seal and having it slosh out on the track. I suspected that might be the issue so I replaced it. I'm not sure that was it though as it didn't seem to be leaking after I took it off and put it upside down etc. I think I have a gremlin somewhere.

godnf8

Passed Driver's Ed
New coolant reservoir (found leak in testing after timing chain work), put panels back on from timing job, got new oil pan installed (2nd time, so far no leaks!) with my first upgrades (ecs magnetic plug and oil sensor cover). Got all previous codes cleared with odbeleven and car seems to be running great, first time driving it in weeks. Thanks again for all the help @Tony48!