What did you do to your MK6 today?

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
15 days and no response? Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by franco516 View Post
seems about right. Why i changed tuners...

Damn maybe I've just been lucky but I've received all revisions within 5-6 days. Sometimes as quick as next day. And my car isn't the most simple setup (ported & polished k04).

After reading about a few of these cases, I opted to not go with Stratified myself.
I went with Freektuned and saw revisions reliably 5-7 business days after sending logs.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
These are getting installed Friday. Should give the OEM exhaust a little extra bling to go along with the extra sound.

Mother efin deer ran into the side of me. Got a tiny dent and scratch. Probably not worth the deductable but I'll get it looked at.

torga

Autocross Champion
These are getting installed Friday. Should give the OEM exhaust a little extra bling to go along with the extra sound.

Mother efin deer ran into the side of me. Got a tiny dent and scratch. Probably not worth the deductable but I'll get it looked at.

Those look great. What brand are they? The tips that came with my Beluga exhaust don't look as good as these.
Sorry to hear about that deer :(

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Those look great. What brand are they? The tips that came with my Beluga exhaust don't look as good as these.

Jones Exhaust. Got 2 of them from Summit for $37 shipped. Clicky JST139.It's hard to find tips that are short enough. Found an old thread on MK7 forum of guys using these. Don't know how they will hold up to winter but for the price figured wth. They feel very solid and well made for the price.

Sorry to hear about that deer :(

Thanks. Hit a deer about a year and half ago in my Fit and caused 3-4k in damage. From how hard it sounded like it hit, the car held up well. Japanese steel VS that German tank steel lol

I took a pic but it's hard to see. It basically dented the hard line around the fender area. The deer looked up, stopped eating and just starting running across the field at me.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
:eek::eek: nope nope nope. Just a Dollar store non abrasive type. And used very lightly with lots of soapy mix like a clay bar. Tried the clay bar even and that didn't work. I tested a small spot first to see if it disturbed the bumper paint and my tender finger tips were satisfied :D

Hey, you never know...lol :laugh:

torga

Autocross Champion
Jones Exhaust. Got 2 of them from Summit for $37 shipped. Clicky JST139.It's hard to find tips that are short enough. Found an old thread on MK7 forum of guys using these. Don't know how they will hold up to winter but for the price figured wth. They feel very solid and well made for the price.

The site says they're weld-on tips. Do you think there's enough of a lip to grab with an exhaust clamp? I'd love to see a photo once you get them installed.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Hey, you never know...lol :laugh:

All good. True story.. my lil brother (rest in peace Bro) talked my other brother into washing his first car (green '92 Camaro ) with a SOS pad cause it was really dirty. I really wish I had the pics to show you those swirl marks. Mike chased Dwayne to the gas station almost a mile away after he rinse the soap off. :paddle:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
The site says they're weld-on tips. Do you think there's enough of a lip to grab with an exhaust clamp? I'd love to see a photo once you get them installed.

I'll definitely be posting up a pic after they are installed.

Ummm I doubt you could get a clamp on there. It is also pretty thick and won't compress much. I'd be worried they might not stay on very well with a clamp. The shop quoted me $20-$40 to install both if they are just cut old ones off and weld new ones on, which they really should be.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
This past weekend I swapped my front coilovers around so the endlink tabs are facing the front of the car instead of the back. Now the endlinks I have are too long to fit so i'm not running any until I get new ones. I did develop some rather loud clunks though so I gotta get under there to try and figure out what they are for the 5th time. BBK getting here tomorrow, although probably won't be a while until I get that on. Also making big cuts to the amount I spend on my car in order safe for a house, feels bad.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Went from Cobb stage 2 to a Stratified stage 2 tune today. Wow. What a difference it makes! Was not expecting that kind of differnce.

Spoonylove

Passed Driver's Ed
Went from Cobb stage 2 to a Stratified stage 2 tune today. Wow. What a difference it makes! Was not expecting that kind of differnce.

Yeah man, the Cobb tunes are very very conservative. I used to run an AP/strat tune and full Cobb bolt ons but last year I sold it all and went full Unitronic bolt ons. Why? Because I like spending retarded amounts of money on shit that’s basically the same. With that said, uni k04/dv relocation will be in around Christmas. [emoji2359][emoji2359][emoji2359]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Drove around today with my new updated APR cat-back. Definitely more aggressive sounding than Cobb (likely due to the lack of a resonator now that I have the corsa-style APR downpipe now too). Still doesn't DSG fart, which is totally fine, but absolutely love the new sound. Felt the Cobb was too tame... this really woke it up. I'll be posting a review with video shortly.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
This past weekend I swapped my front coilovers around so the endlink tabs are facing the front of the car instead of the back. Now the endlinks I have are too long to fit so i'm not running any until I get new ones. I did develop some rather loud clunks though so I gotta get under there to try and figure out what they are for the 5th time. BBK getting here tomorrow, although probably won't be a while until I get that on. Also making big cuts to the amount I spend on my car in order safe for a house, feels bad.

uh what? Post pics of what you did. I think you messed up.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion

I'm also confused. One end link should face one way and the other should face the other way.

smanierre

Autocross Champion

Gonna try to explain these by number.

1: How the coilovers were before. The tabs were towards the back of the car, so the endlink angle was very steep as shown in the top of #3.

2: What I changed them to. Since the tabs are now closer to the endlinks, the angle of the endlinks is now shorter like in the bottom of #3. The endlinks that came with the coilovers were much shorter than the steinjager ones I have now so they should fit.