GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Just post pics. Your diagram is hard to understand without actually looking at the thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just post pics. Your diagram is hard to understand without actually looking at the thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will have to wait until the weekend, on travel for work this week.

In addition to that, fuck Rhode Island roads, especially Newport

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Fuck. Blew one of the coil packs on my car and I'm supposed to go on a road trip on friday.

ahard48

Ready to race!
Gonna try to explain these by number.

1: How the coilovers were before. The tabs were towards the back of the car, so the endlink angle was very steep as shown in the top of #3.

2: What I changed them to. Since the tabs are now closer to the endlinks, the angle of the endlinks is now shorter like in the bottom of #3. The endlinks that came with the coilovers were much shorter than the steinjager ones I have now so they should fit.

Basically he is saying that the tabs for the endlinks are welded on the outside (far side) of the diameter of the strut body, not perfectly centered (see my pic below). So he flipped them to be on the near side and closer to sway bar holes to shorten length of end links. Second pick shows endlinks in red. Not to scale, but I get it....

endlink.jpeg

endlink1.jpeg

Verserk-MK6

Ready to race!
Drove around today with my new updated APR cat-back. Definitely more aggressive sounding than Cobb (likely due to the lack of a resonator now that I have the corsa-style APR downpipe now too). Still doesn't DSG fart, which is totally fine, but absolutely love the new sound. Felt the Cobb was too tame... this really woke it up. I'll be posting a review with video shortly.

I have the old style (corsa) Catback and for some odd reason i want the new APR catback.
Looking forward to hearing yours.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Basically he is saying that the tabs for the endlinks are welded on the outside (far side) of the diameter of the strut body, not perfectly centered (see my pic below). So he flipped them to be on the near side and closer to sway bar holes to shorten length of end links. Second pick shows endlinks in red. Not to scale, but I get it....

View attachment 58824

View attachment 58825

Bingo, explained it better than I could.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Gonna try to explain these by number.

1: How the coilovers were before. The tabs were towards the back of the car, so the endlink angle was very steep as shown in the top of #3.

2: What I changed them to. Since the tabs are now closer to the endlinks, the angle of the endlinks is now shorter like in the bottom of #3. The endlinks that came with the coilovers were much shorter than the steinjager ones I have now so they should fit.

That's weird so your left and right strut are physically different?
Most are universal one used for right and left.

Thats why typically you have an endlink pointed to front of car and one pointed to back.
In this scenario the endlinks should still be centered with the strut because the tab is offset.

smanierre

Autocross Champion

Thats why typically you have an endlink pointed to front of car and one pointed to back.
In this scenario the endlinks should still be centered with the strut because the tab is offset.

Yea, the left and right ones are both different.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion

Yep, that's how my Bilsteins are. Both the same so they point different directions on each side of the car.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Plenty of time to get a new one. Pretty much any vw/audi dealer will have them in stock.

Put some amazon coils in while I wait to get the r8 coils and ngk spark plugs. Should have just replaced them when I went stage 2 but was trying to curb my spending. Ended up costing me more.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Tips are installed. The top part sticks out about 1 inch further then the OEM ones but it lines up with the back valence. Just need to take care of that ugly suitcase muffler. I might paint it black and see how it looks or get a Verus rear diffuser.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Tips are installed. The top part sticks out about 1 inch further then the OEM ones but it lines up with the back valence. Just need to take care of that ugly suitcase muffler. I might paint it black and see how it looks or get a Verus rear diffuser.

ah yes the old Last-Humans-Garag suitcase muffler mod. when he did it, it hardly made it less noticeable with the shots he put out there. might present differently in person.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
ah yes the old Last-Humans-Garag suitcase muffler mod

I didn’t know he did that. I’ll check it out maybe it’s not worth the time.