GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Got my BBK in and holy shit, it's big. I'll post pictures later holding them up to my current brakes. Gonna be a while til I have time to get them on though. Only thing I wish was they had options for slotted rotors instead of drilled but I knew what I was getting going into it. When the time comes to replace these ones i'll look around for slotted

Front:

Rear:

Both:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
So the good news, still love how big the brakes are and I fixed an exhaust leak I had

Bad news: PCV diaphragm is torn. I see some oil on my pendulum mount and around the engine/transmission area. I have the iABED RMS installed yet i'm still seeing oil. A few questions:

If i'm seeing oil with the iAbed RMS, should it still be good once I fix the PCV or will I have to drop the trans?

Is the check valve known to go bad on the PCV? If so is there any way to test? I'd rather buy a new breather hose and upgraded diaphragm than a whole new PCV.

Pics:

Big ole rotors

Big ole calipers

Concerning oil

Shitty PCV

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
I'd be more concerned about that front brake wear pattern, but with the upgrade coming I guess it doesn't matter anymore ;)

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I'd be more concerned about that front brake wear pattern, but with the upgrade coming I guess it doesn't matter anymore ;)

Yea i've been ignoring my brakes for a while knowing i'll be upgrading soon

smanierre

Autocross Champion
FYI you’re holding your caliper the wrong way ^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean holding it the wrong way?

smanierre

Autocross Champion

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
Handed the keys over to my 18 year old nephew. Hopefully he treats her right. Still, saddest day ever.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
It’s for the wrong side. The bleeder is supposed to be facing up [emoji1303]

Oh ok, I see what you're saying. I'll make a note to not mess that up when I do the install

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
LiquidMoly oil change, new plug, new filter, ceratec additive...then will add VW all purpose tank additive when fuel is low.

Hope everyone has a great 4th of July celebration tomorrow

If grilling food or detailing car please do post pics :drool: :drool:

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
My car has consistently shown oil in the same spot and I haven't been able to figure it out. I also have an iAbed RMS. The car doesn't consume any discernible amount of oil over 5k oil change intervals so I haven't worried about it too much.
So the good news, still love how big the brakes are and I fixed an exhaust leak I had

Bad news: PCV diaphragm is torn. I see some oil on my pendulum mount and around the engine/transmission area. I have the iABED RMS installed yet i'm still seeing oil. A few questions:

If i'm seeing oil with the iAbed RMS, should it still be good once I fix the PCV or will I have to drop the trans?

Concerning oil