GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Farroad FRD26 tires

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
lol I have those tires. Got them from markam and sheppard tire place.....whats the name............premier wheels direct. I have no issues with them but I got the 2.5L, but again I do go 140km on highway and they are not loud or anything.
Nathan, glad those tires working out for you. Full disclosure Wheels Direct is owned by my Wife's distant cousin. I don't buy from him coz as a heavily discounted buyer i get pushed to the back and have to wait forever to get my tires done. Best place to research and buy tires in the GTA is http://simplytire.com/. They aren't the cheapest price but they are pretty fair, ie. if they don't have to mount the tire/wheels on your car they normally give a bit of discount, not many shops do that, Allen sold the shop at the beginning of this year, so not sure if they still do that but you can ask.

Blakcard, I've used several sets of chinese tires on my tire eating 540, with 320 ft-lbs of torque I loved doing burnouts and shredding those tires; had pretty good results with chinese tires and believe they are safe and would buy again, if the circumstance warrant doing so again but if I can afford something better I certainly would coz with tires you do get what you're paying for.

To be honest, for my front wheel drive cars I alway choose a tire that have great sidewall constructions and guarantee good front grip and response, as opposed to choosing the cheapest price.

As always, your money your choice.

Last edited:

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
I have gotten so many rims from wheels direct going back to my first car over 15 years ago (93 civic). If its the same guy we talking about....the guy who speaks with a trinny type accent and looks Filipino then i know who your talking about, he always hooks me up.

2 sets for 2 diff civics
Winter rims for the benz
20" Niche Targas for my Jeep (RIP) - Still have the rims but dont know what to do with them as they are 5x110
18" i have on my golf

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I have gotten so many rims from wheels direct going back to my first car over 15 years ago (93 civic). If its the same guy we talking about....the guy who speaks with a trinny type accent and looks Filipino then i know who your talking about, he always hooks me up.

2 sets for 2 diff civics
Winter rims for the benz
20" Niche Targas for my Jeep (RIP) - Still have the rims but dont know what to do with them as they are 5x110
18" i have on my golf
Thats not him. Most likely there is container of these tires and they pushing them before summer ends.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Thats not him. Most likely there is container of these tires and they pushing them before summer ends.

could be wrong on the looking Filipino but he does have a caribian accent and he is the owner, his wife works behind the glass and handles the cash if im not mistaken.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
could be wrong on the looking Filipino but he does have a caribian accent and he is the owner, his wife works behind the glass and handles the cash if im not mistaken.

You mean Collin & Karen? Yep.. .that's who i dealt with in the past.

Well.. wife went and got the SUV tires. .FRD26. Drove to Montreal in them in the Tiggy loaded up. Through the hard sudden rain AND Montreal roads.
I was kinda surprised. $540 for mount balance and they handled speeds up to 140 well and were quiet enough the baby fell asleep. Stops weren't an issue.

Only reason I went with them was we needed tires in a hurry as the Firestone Indy 500 I ordered from a different place brought them in the wrong size. 18 vs 17in. So took a gamble. :eek:

We'll see if it pays off or not :paddle:

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Yup Collin. Hes a nice guy, always takes time to deal with me and make sure I get what I need.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
....Best place to research and buy tires in the GTA is http://simplytire.com/. They aren't the cheapest price but they are pretty fair, ie. if they don't have to mount the tire/wheels on your car they normally give a bit of discount, not many shops do that, Allen sold the shop at the beginning of this year, so not sure if they still do that ....
TAKING THIS BACK, the new owners are getting an infamous rep.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
TAKING THIS BACK, the new owners are getting an infamous rep.

Wait.. Allen? Tall guy with a wicked car collection? Beard? He was a good dude. Let me use his Honda while they tried to diagnose an unbalance wheel/tire situation.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Wait.. Allen? Tall guy with a wicked car collection? Beard? He was a good dude. Let me use his Honda while they tried to diagnose an unbalance wheel/tire situation.
Yup Allen no longer the owner, he sold the shop effective the first week last January, to some guy with little to no experience in the Tire Business, I think the guy wanted to do online.

No worries really, I have a few contacts for tires, it was just that Allen was a good guy and had a Website with good prices. Here are a few contacts if you need anything.

Steelcase Tires in Markham have great prices and service, they open on Sundays during the busy seasonal tire change over season, not many tire shops care enough to open on weekends. Contact Richard, he is the Son of the Owner, he raced in the Canadian Touring Car Series.

Canadian Tire Craft in Vaughan, Jeff Wensel is the Owner, great race driver as well. If you weren't aware the Tire Support Truck at all the CASC Ontario Regional Races is supplied by Canadian Tire Craft. You can order even hard to get R Compound tires or Slick tires through them, and they'll get 'em.

Braiden Tire in Markham, Brad and his lovely wife are the Owners, besides Tires they are the OZ Wheels Importer as well. They run a car in the Canadian Porsche GT3 Cup Series.