GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
registration or your inspection sticker expires?

Registration expires on Sunday and I can't renew without emissions done.
Tony48 said:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you are all but guaranteed to need a spacer to set emissions readiness.

Looks like I gotta source a spacer from somwhere local then hopefully. I also know the guy doing it so maybe he can work some voodoo magic or something

torga

Autocross Champion
Replaced my testpipe yesterday with a catted section. What a fucking pain in the ass. 6 bolts and it took me about 1:30 to get it off with copious amounts of swearing. I'm never buying a 3 bolt flange exhaust again, only vband from now on. I just gotta wait for the terminal pins to come in and then I should be good to repin the connector with the info torga graciously provided and plug it all in. I'm hoping that I don't need a spacer since my registration expires this weekend so I don't have time to order one :iono:
Yep, that is exactly why I've sworn of bolted flange exhausts. Way, way too much hassle. I'd rather pay a bit more upfront for v-bands. Or, in APR's case, OEM-style clamps.

And to add to everyone else, you will certainly need a spacer. Within a day of driving (maybe 15mi) after installing my catted DP, the CEL popped on; it really does not take long. I'd clear the code and it'd be on again within 10mi.
After installing the spacer, I've been good for 200mi and counting.

Good luck with the re-pin!

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Yep, that is exactly why I've sworn of bolted flange exhausts. Way, way too much hassle. I'd rather pay a bit more upfront for v-bands. Or, in APR's case, OEM-style clamps.

And to add to everyone else, you will certainly need a spacer. Within a day of driving (maybe 15mi) after installing my catted DP, the CEL popped on; it really does not take long. I'd clear the code and it'd be on again within 10mi.
After installing the spacer, I've been good for 200mi and counting.

Good luck with the re-pin!

You have a link for the spacer you got? May just bite the bullet and get one overnighted here

torga

Autocross Champion
You have a link for the spacer you got? May just bite the bullet and get one overnighted here
I just went with the Vibrant 11619 J-style - they're on Amazon if you need it yesterday and have Prime.

You may need something to help you thread the spacer onto your DP. I initially thought that the threads weren't matching up, but it turned out that the Vibrant threads were so new/sharp and the O2 bung threads were so dull that the spacer was binding up in the bung after a turn and a half.
I bought a no-name J spacer thinking the Vibrant one was the problem, so I ended up just linking the two spacers to give me the torque to thread the spacer into my DP. You could do the same thing by buying a M18x1.5 bolt from a hardware store to use as a lever, if you need it.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I just went with the Vibrant 11619 J-style - they're on Amazon if you need it yesterday and have Prime.

You may need something to help you thread the spacer onto your DP. I initially thought that the threads weren't matching up, but it turned out that the Vibrant threads were so new/sharp and the O2 bung threads were so dull that the spacer was binding up in the bung after a turn and a half.
I bought a no-name J spacer thinking the Vibrant one was the problem, so I ended up just linking the two spacers to give me the torque to thread the spacer into my DP. You could do the same thing by buying a M18x1.5 bolt from a hardware store to use as a lever, if you need it.

#bungproblems

smanierre

Autocross Champion

I saw that one on amazon, just wanted to make sure it was the right one. I have prime and it qualifies for free one day so not too bad. Really hoping this fixes everything. Now I just need the terminals to ship or else i'll have to hard wire the sensor to the harness for the time being

smanierre

Autocross Champion

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Connector pins got delivered today along with my o2 spacer. Gonna toss them on tonight and hope it all works to get my emissions done tomorrow.

torga

Autocross Champion
Connector pins got delivered today along with my o2 spacer. Gonna toss them on tonight and hope it all works to get my emissions done tomorrow.

Good luck!

I also want to thank the guys that gave their input on removing the underhood blanket. I did so on Monday and have really enjoyed driving with the windows down since.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion

torga

Autocross Champion