GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 104 Octane File

Randum

Go Kart Champion
I recall running a 100 octane file but after the recent update, when I filled up 100, I went to my mobile app, realized its now 104!

Everything I understand running a higher octane map, and using lower fuel is bad. Plain and simple.

Anyone know if our engines can adjust to that lower octane? Can I run the 104 file and the car will adjust accordingly if I put in 100?

Clearly APR's site says "nope" but curious if anyone knows more about the internal workings of our cars...

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
I don’t have an answer for you but is this for a stock turbo or k04?

Jiffyjetta

Ready to race!
Well, I personally have run 87 on a stage 2 93 tune a few times and ran logs to see. The ecu pulls timing accordingly. If I remember correctly, the max safe number for timing pull is 5 or less. It is only 4 octane, but I've never ran logs on 100 or 104 and have no idea what the timing numbers are.

cons

Passed Driver's Ed
I used APR K04 3.2 102 file with RON100 fuel. First race I have ignition retards about 6 degrees, second race about 3 degrees, and third one was 1.5 degrees. I think APR ECU can adapt to poor fuel with reducing ignition time angle.

Randum

Go Kart Champion
I used APR K04 3.2 102 file with RON100 fuel. First race I have ignition retards about 6 degrees, second race about 3 degrees, and third one was 1.5 degrees. I think APR ECU can adapt to poor fuel with reducing ignition time angle.

this is really great to know- I assumed as much but I also am not sure what logs I should pull to confirm.

*Stock turbo btw

cons

Passed Driver's Ed
You need to log ignition retards for each cylinders, ignition angle and engine speed. I don't remember groups in VCDS but if you have APR Mobile you can use "Boost and Timing diagnosis" logging.

Randum

Go Kart Champion
You need to log ignition retards for each cylinders, ignition angle and engine speed. I don't remember groups in VCDS but if you have APR Mobile you can use "Boost and Timing diagnosis" logging.

Nice- thanks I will take a look in VCDS and if I can find something.

likkleindian

Go Kart Newbie
So where do you guys get 100/104 octane fuel to buy? I can't find anywhere close to me that sells it. I have APR program switching but I actually never ran anything other than 93. I would love to test out the 104. My car is basically only driven for fun so I could run 104 all the time even with the higher prices because it's not a daily.

Has anyone used any of the octane boosters? Would those even be a good choice? I was looking at Boostane which claims to add up to 23, so buying 93 that would put me at 116. Way over 104, which would be good to compensate if the starting point wasn't really 93.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah just run meth. Get your carbon cleaned off before install as it adds a cleaning benefit to the intake valves. That's what I would like to do.