GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4th ALL DAY High Speed Track Event with my MKVI

dowright82

WRX Convert
I know, pictures - - - - trust me, they're on the way - - -

for background, please see this post regarding my first track day with it.

I've since flashed APR reflash - but other than that no suspension work -

Cars that had to let me pass consistently (there were many, but these stood out to me as a shock)

N/A Lotus Elise - (even kept up with him through twisties, though his line sucked)
2007 GTI driven by INSTRUCTOR :)
Several old Porsches (944 turbo, 928)
2 STAGE 2 WRXs . . . (driver mod??)
350Z Z33

Cars that somehow were faster:

Highly modded late 90s Sentra SE
3 or more MODDED (highly) E30 BMW

I was lap for lap even with a modified C-5 Vette - of course he left me in the straights, but I gobbled him up with my brakes and cornering every single time - - - we were literally neck/neck the entire 15 laps we ran together.

This car is amazing - but now that i've REALLY put her hard through 4 full track days now, I'm gonna start changing some small things - - -

Torque Arm insert
Stainless Brake Lines
ATE Super Blue Fluid.

Gonna try and go all season on the EXCELLENT stock suspension!!!

I HATE HATE HATE the Drive-by-wire pedal feel . . . with the stage 1 reflash, the car spins its tires QUICKLY and EASILY out of corners, and I feel VERY disconnected from the pedal.

Cars handling is impeccable and VERY VERY neutral even at the ABSOLUTE LIMIT. Brakes are FANTASTIC - anyone who does a BIG BRAKE UPGRADE is either running MUCH MORE hp or is doing it for looks because I never experienced a BIT of brake fade . . . but my stock lines did expand quite a bit and get mushy on me.

The people at the event all commended me and my car over and over saying "I cannot believe how fast that thing is!!!" or "how on earth are you keeping up with me out there (vette driver)"

Some cars out there with me!! (none of mine since I was photographer, but I have a friend emailing me some)

YES, that is a 2010 CORVETTE ZR-1
And Yes, I am doing a photo shoot of it for a magazine next month.

Last edited:

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Are you running stock wheels and rubber? Summer tires I assume?

Reinforces my opinion not to fuss with the suspension, even thought he most "tracking" I'll do with my car is Autocross.

sweetsandman

Ready to race!
You are a GREAT photographer! What kind of camera do you use just out of curiosity? That looks like an awesome time! Can't wait to get into that!!

mk6 gti

Ready to race!
Awesome! This is the EXACT reason why I'm not going to change the stock Suspension...I am also VERY impressed with the stock handling.

acqui

Ready to race!
What are your thoughts on the APR reflash with regards to torque steer coming out of corners? How is the acceleration down the straights compared to some of the other cars? And finally, how is the new power on wet roads going around hairpins, if you've experienced that yet?