GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Member. Definitely getting a GTI very soon.

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
Hi everyone,
After many years of false hopes I finally got a full time job that pays me pretty good and now I finally get to live my childhood dream and get myself the new 2012 GTI within the next couple of months.
This car has been bar none my favorite car since I was little.
Unfortunately I don't know shit about cars so any advice or links to help threads will be great. I definitely want to get an APR chip to increase the HP in this beast.
So, just saying hi everyone. Any help will be appreciated.
I'm only 19 but i'm excited to spend my hard earned money on the first car I get to buy by myself.
Can't wait to unleash this beast.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
What do you want to know? Read the manual when you get your car and browse around this site and you'll learn a decent amount about it. Good luck with the purchase!

SRT2GTI

Banned
If you plan on modding, research the parts thoroughly before purchasing. Also, do not cheap out on performance mods. It's better to spend the money and buy quality performance parts the first time than having to replace the cheap shitty mods that broke.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
You're 19... and you plan on spending a lot of money on a new car... that you don't have yet you already plan to mod?

Doesn't make sense.

kniteshift

Ready to race!
You're 19... and you plan on spending a lot of money on a new car... that you don't have yet you already plan to mod?

Doesn't make sense.

He's ambitious.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
- Doesnt know anything about cars
- Childhood dream is to own a 2012 GTI
- First full time job and blows his money on a new car not savings
- Thinking about mods before car is purchased

I'm just messing with you. But you have a lot to learn. My best advice would be google and search the following:

APR Stage 1 / Stage 2 / K04 / Stage 3 To get accustomed to your headroom and what your car can do (www.goapr.com)
Engine, Tranny, and Dog Bone Mounts
Better Tires
Catch Cans
Intakes and MAF location importance
Coilovers (Slammed vs. performance)
Lightweight Wheels
Brake Pads and Fluid
Learn the History of the GTI
Learn VW's history
Search for meets in your area..
.........etc.....etc

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
- Doesnt know anything about cars
- Childhood dream is to own a 2012 GTI
- First full time job and blows his money on a new car not savings
- Thinking about mods before car is purchased

I'm just messing with you. But you have a lot to learn. My best advice would be google and search the following:

APR Stage 1 / Stage 2 / K04 / Stage 3 To get accustomed to your headroom and what your car can do (www.goapr.com)
Engine, Tranny, and Dog Bone Mounts
Better Tires
Catch Cans
Intakes and MAF location importance
Coilovers (Slammed vs. performance)
Lightweight Wheels
Brake Pads and Fluid
Learn the History of the GTI
Learn VW's history
Search for meets in your area..
.........etc.....etc

Don't encourage him.

Your childhood dream? You're still a child. Save your money and go to college.

Mr. Skinny

Ready to race!
Welcome to the forum (new here myself), and congratulations on the full time job. Hope the job has health care benefits as well.

I'm curious what car you're currently driving and why you feel the need to put yourself in that much debt for a brand new car? Have you budgeted for maintenance and insurance? Insurance is gonna be steep for someone your age.

Anyhow, I've been reading the threads here for a while and have learned a lot! I don't really plan to do many mods, but I have decided to get the VCDS software once my 2012 gets here. I've also learned a lot about exterior/interior car care products, and also learned about a lot of Tech Service Bulletin items that the dealers don't seem to mention. Great source of information.

Hope you learn a lot.

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
hahahaha,
right now I have a '04 toyota camry w/60k miles (reliable....but wtf?)
I know for a kid my age this is a very steep purchase but I work as an IELTS test administrator and make very good money for my age. I wouldn't buy a brand new car if I didn't believe my funds were in order.
I have a couple of months until I plan on purchasing the car so i'm just lurking this forum so I can get as much base knowledge as possible so I don't fuck up my car when I get it. But i think my first mods will be easy DIY stuff then i might take it to a certified APR dealer and get a stage 1 tune.
This forum seems very informative so i've been lurking for a little over 3 weeks now.
You guys are fuckin hilarious so i plan to be a frequent member so be prepared for my dumbass questions.

p.s.
I have full medical benefits and as far as college goes, my employer offers 50% tuition reimbursement.
:thumbup:

Kyle Butler

Ready to race!

Doesn't make sense.
it makes perfect sense. :thumbsup:

P

plac

its easy for all us old guys to talk shit. what were THEY doing at age 16-19? Saving all their money? I highly doubt it. no kid at that age should be worrying about saving. he'll have enough stress as he gets older with more responsibilities. enjoy yourself while youre young, build up a lot of credit card debt. then spend your 20's trying to pay it off to no avail. then get serious about life in your 30's.

Larry70454

Ready to race!
its easy for all us old guys to talk shit. what were THEY doing at age 16-19? Saving all their money? I highly doubt it.

Experience teaches, so why the hell do you want this kid to miss an opportunity to learn? Btw, I am agreeing with you.