GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

master water/meth discussion thread

Justin@USRT

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok after reading this thread I'm definitely keen.

So what would a dsg k04 Giac extreme mk6 golf gti running at 23-24psi need to get this kit in from usrt?

I currently have the neuspeed pipes also. ( don't know if that's important) haha

And do you guys ship to Australia :)?

Mk

Yes we do ship to Australia. You would need a Snow Performance Stage 2 TSI/FSI kit Also I would recommend a Throttle Body Spacer plate to avoid throttle body failure. If you are planning on running a dual nozzle mount it includes a spacer plate. The dual nozzle mount package allows for a nozzle after the throttle for increased octane and less violent combustion, and another nozzle after the intercooler for increased cooling.

The nozzle sizing is something we take care of for you when you are ready to place the order using our nozzle size calculator.

Let me know if you have any other questions

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
So wather meth fluid on the throttle body could cause eratic idle, white smoke, and missfire?

And this would be fixed/ solved using the throttle body spacer plate? The nozzle mounted in the throttle body spacer provides enough room to atomize/ spread to all the cylinders? You also mentioned adding a second nozzle just past the IC... but that doesn't affect the electronics of the TB?

Justin@USRT

Passed Driver's Ed
So wather meth fluid on the throttle body could cause eratic idle, white smoke, and missfire?

And this would be fixed/ solved using the throttle body spacer plate? The nozzle mounted in the throttle body spacer provides enough room to atomize/ spread to all the cylinders? You also mentioned adding a second nozzle just past the IC... but that doesn't affect the electronics of the TB?

Yes, and spraying before the throttle body will cause failure to the throttle because it is an electrical component.

The throttle body plate will correct this issue because you are spraying post throttle body. The flow of air from your intake system will allow the spray to be distributed evenly in the combustion chamber.

Mounting a nozzle just after the intercooler provides maximum distance traveled from the spray point to the combustion chamber. This ensures that the mist is carried by the air for a longer time period. More time allows for more complete evaporation. More evaporation guarantees more cooling.

With that being said, obviously there isn't going to be complete evaporation, but a little bit of moisture is ok. It would be no different than driving in the rain. The issues with the throttle body come into play because a nozzle incorrectly placed before the throttle is basically spraying a "garden hose" into the electronic throttle body.

crew219

Banned
Yes, and spraying before the throttle body will cause failure to the throttle because it is an electrical component.

The throttle body plate will correct this issue because you are spraying post throttle body. The flow of air from your intake system will allow the spray to be distributed evenly in the combustion chamber.

Mounting a nozzle just after the intercooler provides maximum distance traveled from the spray point to the combustion chamber. This ensures that the mist is carried by the air for a longer time period. More time allows for more complete evaporation. More evaporation guarantees more cooling.

With that being said, obviously there isn't going to be complete evaporation, but a little bit of moisture is ok. It would be no different than driving in the rain. The issues with the throttle body come into play because a nozzle incorrectly placed before the throttle is basically spraying a "garden hose" into the electronic throttle body.

Have you changed the 2.0t FSI throttle body spacer so owners don't have to unhook and shift the dipstick port?

Dave

crew219

Banned

Justin@USRT

Passed Driver's Ed
You wouldn't be able to offset the port a little?

We tried this in our testing phase. No matter which you turn it or reposition there is something in the way. Whether it be the actual throttle body getting in the way, the nozzle hitting something on the manifold, and any other way there would be no way to reach the nozzle.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
My PPG spacer didnt affect the dipstick, I did have to trim the noisepipe mounting bracket a little bit (mounting point is still 100% functional) to make clearance for my nozzle though

JohnnyDrama

Just an update: I received the throttle body spacer, looks like a real quality piece. It also works with the Devils Own nozzles :thumbsup: so if anyone has a DO kit, you can still use this product. Can't wait to install it now.

Although the DO nozzle may physically fit in the spacer plate, don't forget to pay attention to any shrouding that may be present. Granted, testing has proven that there shouldn't be any shrouding until you get into the larger nozzle range (675+), plus, the spray pattern tends to narrow under pressure, but figured I would mention it just so you can be aware.

USRT Throttle Body Spacer Plate w/ DO nozzle

It will cause the plastic to swell and affect the operation of the throttle valve, too. Many users have reported this issue after learning the hard way.

jeppe777

Ready to race!
Is anyone running 100 oct map with 93oct gas? (anyone got logs?)

What size nozzle for snow performance kit?

Running stage 2 single nozzle

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
Although the DO nozzle may physically fit in the spacer plate, don't forget to pay attention to any shrouding that may be present. Granted, testing has proven that there shouldn't be any shrouding until you get into the larger nozzle range (675+), plus, the spray pattern tends to narrow under pressure, but figured I would mention it just so you can be aware.

USRT Throttle Body Spacer Plate w/ DO nozzle

So I shouldn't run the spacer with the DO kit?

jeppe777

Ready to race!
For how much horsepower? I run 375ml for 350whp on 100 octane map with 93. Logs and more are here. http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148047

280hp ?

I am currently running 175ML/MN and getting massiv timing pull in the midrange.

After about 5000rpm I get 0 timing? on the 100oct map

I have adjusted the start and full points on the controller but still getting timing pull.

Ran logs on "stock" - 0 Timing

91 oct - 0 Timing

93 oct - max is -1 timing pull

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
280hp ?

I am currently running 175ML/MN and getting massiv timing pull in the midrange.

After about 5000rpm I get 0 timing? on the 100oct map

I have adjusted the start and full points on the controller but still getting timing pull.

Ran logs on "stock" - 0 Timing

91 oct - 0 Timing

93 oct - max is -1 timing pull

What's your start and full settings and pump pressure? I would switch to the 225. For what it is worth, I was not successful running 100 octane map on pump with k03. The damn thing spooled too quickly to get the right spray setting without having dangerous CFs using a MAP based controller. This was with a single 225 mounted after the map sensor and pre-throttle body. A single 375 would have been too much. I never did try a dual nozzle on k03. Dialing it in on a GT2860RS was a piece of cake being MAP based.