GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Want to Modify your GTI? Start Here

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
Awesome write-up. :thumbsup:

Rcraig84

Ready to race!
hihi!! what are REV D Valve, CBE, and S3 intercooler?? what do they do to my car?? I'm currently on my revo stage 1 and had the ecu flashed but not sure what to do next... and I will stop here and not going up to stage 2.. Where else do i need for my car at this stage??
THANK YOU!! I know what short shifter (when you change gear, it shifts more smoothly) is and intake is....

I just don't know how I feel about all this...is it for real?

StayStetti

Banned
Should be more 'show' options.
Cosmetics and such. At least mention suspension before wheels. and maybe clarify that Golf's can't make a bazillion HP with an intake?

Nice thread though!

ImmI

Ready to race!
This is AMAZING!

Thanks for taking the time to do this :clap::respekt:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I just don't know how I feel about all this...is it for real?

Yeah, I didnt really know how to take it either.

Should be more 'show' options.
Cosmetics and such. At least mention suspension before wheels. and maybe clarify that Golf's can't make a bazillion HP with an intake?

Nice thread though!

Mostly, I'm trying to leave the "path" up to the user. Whether he buys wheels before suspension is purely subjective and up to the them.The research is up to them and what they make of it.

"Here's the list of what you can do and what you might wanna do. Everything else is purely up to you"

Last edited:

VINNY1

Ready to race!
Don't hate on the noobs, and the "lurkers". Almost every one on here when they got their cars was a lurker. Just hanging out, and reading posts for awhile is a good start, and gives you a lot of opinions about products. Otherwise, this is a really good post, and a must read for noobies.:thumbup:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Don't hate on the noobs, and the "lurkers". Almost every one on here when they got their cars was a lurker. Just hanging out, and reading posts for awhile is a good start, and gives you a lot of opinions about products. Otherwise, this is a really good post, and a must read for noobies.:thumbup:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

wtf? There is not one ounce of hate in the OP. Its a resource, not a bashing.

APR does classify the K04 as a Stage 3 product as seen here http://www.goapr.com/products/?vehicle=Golf_MKVI

Yes, their website says so, but this topic has been covered many many many times. Arin has clarified it as "Stage K04" to eliminate confusion from their actual Stage 3 kit. They just lump it in the Stage 3 category because it is a bigger turbo.

Stage 3 was actually formed by APR in a way to denote their Big Turbo setup (GT28) but normally Stage 3 denotes just any BT. Most will argue across the board that K04 is TECHNICALLY not a BT because it is just an OEM swap, but who decides that?

I've always felt K04 to be Stage 3/BT because it is in fact a bigger turbo. Unitronic denotes it as a Stage 2+ upgrade, Revo Denotes it as K04 Tune, APR Denotes it as a K04 tune, etc. etc.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Added: Soundaktor delete, Noisepipe delete, TOP

wtf? There is not one ounce of hate in the OP. Its a resource, not a bashing.

Yes, their website says so, but this topic has been covered many many many times. Arin has clarified it as "Stage K04" to eliminate confusion from their actual Stage 3 kit. They just lump it in the Stage 3 category because it is a bigger turbo.

Stage 3 was actually formed by APR in a way to denote their Big Turbo setup (GT28) but normally Stage 3 denotes just any BT. Most will argue across the board that K04 is TECHNICALLY not a BT because it is just an OEM swap, but who decides that?

I've always felt K04 to be Stage 3/BT because it is in fact a bigger turbo. Unitronic denotes it as a Stage 2+ upgrade, Revo Denotes it as K04 Tune, APR Denotes it as a K04 tune, etc. etc.

Interesting.

In any case, when I go K04 myself, that 3rd line for my APR Badge is getting put on. ;) It's a "bigger" turbo, it's Stage 3 to me. Don't rain on my parade!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
In any case, when I go K04 myself, that 3rd line for my APR Badge is getting put on. ;) It's a "bigger" turbo, it's Stage 3 to me. Don't rain on my parade!

PM Arin. They've been working on a K04 badge :D