GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

resilientsoma

Go Kart Champion
Do you know which tabs he trimmed?

The two inner ones, closest left and right ones to the vw emblem that look like hollow squares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!
Installed H&R Ultra Lows, TSW Nurburgrings & a VWR short shift.

Skitals

Ready to race!
Painted my hear hatch emblems. VW is black plastidip on dupli-color candy white/clear. GTI emblem I sprayed on the car. Plastidip is pretty amazing stuff... the overspray just peels away. Front grill is drying now. Plastidipping the front grill emblem/badge and the red stripes. Will just peel off what I don't like.

resilientsoma

Go Kart Champion
Painted my hear hatch emblems. VW is black plastidip on dupli-color candy white/clear. GTI emblem I sprayed on the car. Plastidip is pretty amazing stuff... the overspray just peels away. Front grill is drying now. Plastidipping the front grill emblem/badge and the red stripes. Will just peel off what I don't like.

That looks really good. Steps materials to do rear emblem please.

Skitals

Ready to race!
That looks really good. Steps materials to do rear emblem please.

Removed the hatch latch assembly (see a diy for rear view camera install), popped off the VW emblem with a credit card and plastic trim tools. Masked the hatch assembly with some newspaper. Sprayed one coat of rust-oleum plastic primer. Then 5-6 layers dupli-color "perfect match" candy white followed by 4-5 layers dupli-color clear coat. In certain light the dupli-color isnt an exact match... a touch off/yellow. But its pretty damn close, and separated by the VW logo and cast with shadows so good enough for the $20 some bucks I spent. If I did it again I would have done a couple more layers of clear. Or waited 24 hours to assemble and buffed it first.

Finished the front grill:

Now I'm ready for some black R projectors :D

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
^ I like the rear hatch. Not so much the front though. Too much black. Just makes it look blah

Skitals

Ready to race!
^ I like the rear hatch. Not so much the front though. Too much black. Just makes it look blah

That's why I did plastidip, so I can just peel it off if I don't like it. But it's like black wheels, hard to photograph, looks better in person.

Now I need to do something about those sidemarkers. I don't think the duplicolor would be a good enough match there, not with anything separating it. I may get a set of smoked markers, see how I like them, and try color matching those if I dont. I would like the keep my amber markers if I ever need to return to stock.

Lou Maiuri

Banned

God's answer to linear torque down low with the APR tune.

Its like Christmas for me this week

Gtigirl87

This looks awesome!!! Where in va are u from

Skitals

Ready to race!
This looks awesome!!! Where in va are u from

Thank you! I'm from Northern Virginia (Alexandria), which is basically it's own state. I'm sure if we could succeed from VA we would have by now :lol:

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Thank you! I'm from Northern Virginia (Alexandria), which is basically it's own state. I'm sure if we could succeed from VA we would have by now :lol:

Isn't that the truth. The flag would be a recent frat bro grad in a button down drinking light beer in his 4 runner.

Does it annoy the shit out of you that every young professional drives a 328i. It's like they don't even give a shit about anything but owning the bmw badge.

Skitals

Ready to race!
Isn't that the truth. The flag would be a recent frat bro grad in a button down drinking light beer in his 4 runner.

Does it annoy the shit out of you that every young professional drives a 328i. It's like they don't even give a shit about anything but owning the bmw badge.

Yes. So many nice cars... not many car enthusiasts. It's a shame how that works out. Don't hate the car, hate the driver :bellyroll:

Gtigirl87

Ah. Im in the va beach area. Too much traffic your way for me but very nice job on the badges