GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need Some Help: Project Hella-Functional Level Up

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Maybe I need to pump the brakes a little. Though it'll look nice, is it really worth spending money for the R32 rear and the "special" CBE? I think Painted lowers with a Votex lip might suffice. I essentially over step my modding philosophy the second I do that :( Its the principle of the matter and I MUST stick to it.

That would leave me a lot more room to spend on better modifications.

Wood

Ready to race!
My 2 cents...

If it doesn't make my experience driving the car better, either as a DD or on the track, I don't do it. I would skip R32 rear and CBE, it does nothing for you. Go for performance oriented upgrades that will make you love the car that much more. Go slow too... I've spaced my upgrades about 4 months apart so far, which is great because just as I become "used" to the car, it changes, for the better, and I'm in love all over again.

1. Wheels and Tires
2. Weekends at Barber MSP
3. Weekends at Road Atlanta
4. Weekends at Atlanta MSP
5. See 2....

What's the point of all the power and upgrades if you can't experience it...?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
hanging truck balls.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
What's the point of all the power and upgrades if you can't experience it...?

I experience full power every single day :D

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
140 mph Down the back straight of Road atlanta into a quick 90 left and then 90 right full power? :D

No, but this is a daily driver. I dont track often. Sure, I can go to these tracks, but it ultimately wont last the duration I'm hoping for.

A_Bowers

I still think the coolers and either WMI or coolers and UB.

How's that?

Narrowing down stuff.

Dont know how in comparison the WMI would stack up against the oil and DSG cooler.

You wouldn't have the bump in power from the coolers, but you would have better operation conditions.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
You don't need any additional DSG cooling if you aren't tracking the car regularly. Out of your list I would go with the LSD and the Braces.

A_Bowers

You don't need any additional DSG cooling if you aren't tracking the car regularly. Out of your list I would go with the LSD and the Braces.

You obviously havent seen Z's driving style. :). Balls out.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I dont think people understand how HOT it gets here. Any sort of cooling will help. I might hold off on the DSG and Oil cooler, but its certainly on the radar.

Wheels might be the big hitter, but WMI is very very very tempting.

A_Bowers

I dont think people understand how HOT it gets here. Any sort of cooling will help. I might hold off on the DSG and Oil cooler, but its certainly on the radar.

troof.

Well, how much have you estimated the Cooling mods. the Oil cooler shouldnt be that difficult to do....im guessing the most expensive parts would be the hoses and adapter sandwich plate.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
troof.

Well, how much have you estimated the Cooling mods. the Oil cooler shouldnt be that difficult to do....im guessing the most expensive parts would be the hoses and adapter sandwich plate.

Havent really price them, yet. I'm assuming about $300 per setup plus the added oil. I dunno. Its all custom so the tubing, clamps, adapter, etc. etc. would probably all need to be hand made and store bought. I can machine an adapter for the oil filter housing and custom make a oil pressure sensor to fit as well. That might be fun. Just brain dumping here.....

WMI would be roughly $650(installed) just like I mentioned in the other thread.

Wheels are exactly $1012shipped, plus mounting, plus balancing, plus conical bolts.

LSD is roughly $1000 plus install ($$$)

Painted lowers would be probably $300 + $100 votex lip.

CBE (If not my special setup then APR RSC) = ~$800 (depending on where I buy it)

MK6 Bilsteins = $600ish

Unibrace XB and UB = $640shipped

Golf R Brakes = ~$1054ish. Plus Painted Red.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion

Be careful about WMI. Not only does it seem to be a little bit of a pain in the ass, it is not allowed on tracks in many cases. I know you cannot run it with NASA. Check with the tracks and organiztions you'd run with before going ahead with it.