GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

State of the Board/Moderation Update

Bender1

Banned
All -

We (the moderators) have been discussing the current tone of the forum and do not like what we have seen.

Many threads are being derailed by totally non-relevant conversation, personal attacks are growing, technical discussions are getting pulled off course, and things seem to be generally "off course."

As a result we (the moderators) will be more strictly enforcing already established rules. This won't mean much to most of you, but it may mean some moved threads/posts and deleted posts. Additionally we ask you ALL to keep more "on-topic" so we don't have to delete multiple posts in a thread.

To some of you, this may mean potential bans. As of this moment, you are all in good graces (unless you have previously been warned). That said, warnings and temp bans will come quickly for the foreseeable future. Please take any warning seriously, we don't want to ban anyone.

I know this comes off as a bit harsh, that is not the intent. Really, the intent is to get us back to where we should be, have been, and can be again. For a long time this was, by far, the most friendly AND the most technically savvy board. I think we still are, but we want to re-solidify that position.

Thanks

- The Mods.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
:bow: :)

MooreHeat

Ready to race!
Good stuff! I've been a moderator and financially managed forums before, it's no easy task!

:thanks: for putting in the effort to providing a healthy online community!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, Bender.

Note, I will ban any member who is attacking or trolling another and will do so without warning as that behavior unacceptable and everyone knows better.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Wow, nice....finally

Normally im against forums that are super strict on rules, etc...but lately Ive been steering away from MK6 (even being a newer member) just a few months ago I didnt see or was at least blind to all the crazyness going on here

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
damn... hammer laid down. :sm3: :D

Good move though. I have not been warned, so please let me know if I am crossing the line.

I would also like some clarification on the "OT subforum" guidelines and expectations, etc. As it seems that this board has a different view on what OT truly is/supposed to be, compared to others I've been on.

Thank you.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Also, Please note the following:

1) You're entitled to your opinion. If you disagree, that is ok. Please keep it civil and do not let your anger carry the conversation south. As mentioned by danielj, trolling or rude posts will warrant an insta-ban.

2) Please Refrain from posting in sale threads with your comments about better pricing elsewhere, or condition of product, etc. etc. Per forum rules, you will be given a warning and a temporary ban for following offenses.

3) Plac is gone. I think its only out of respect for him and others to let it go. If he wants to come back...he is more than welcome to.

4) Please remember that there is a "Report Post" function that we highly utilize as moderators. Please use it to report spam, trolling, etc. etc. Posts and threads will be reviewed and action will be taken if we see fit.

5) Please help direct new members to sources for previous threads of repetative topics.

Thank you all. And keep providing the discussions and technical insight that this forum has grown to love so very deeply. :thumbsup:

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
so just a question, if the thread asks a question and then someone comes in and starts changing the tempo of the OP, does that mean they get warned or banned?

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Grambles I typically would agree with this...

2) Please Refrain from posting in sale threads with your comments about better pricing elsewhere, or condition of product, etc. etc. Per forum rules, you will be given a warning and a temporary ban for following offenses.

but 6 in one hand half dozen in the other when looking at it from both sides of the spectrum....I respect the forum rule though

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
so just a question, if the thread asks a question and then someone comes in and starts changing the tempo of the OP, does that mean they get warned or banned?

Asked to get the thread back on topic, yes. Banned, no (unless trolling/attacking).

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Grambles I typically would agree with this...

but 6 in one hand half dozen in the other when looking at it from both sides of the spectrum....I respect the forum rule though

How about PMing the user instead with a nice discreet message to suggest a better price?