GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PSA: Which Exhaust do I need?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Snow was coming down really fast and I totally wasn't prepared. I ended up taking the 4 wheeler for a little action in the yard before setting up for the snow shot on the front page of our site. :)

I'm not quite sure when we are pushing it into production. Probably next week. This week is pretty busy as the Distributor Conference is coming up this weekend but I'll let everyone know what's up.

You shouldn't run the stage II file without having the exhaust but if you were to only run in stock mode, you'd be fine. That's probably not what you want to do but it is an option.

TDIRVR

anything coming out for the 2010 golf TDI anytime soon? Exhaust and tuning. looking for something through the OBD2. open minded on exhaust options....:thumbup:

JhnR

Banned
cant wait to see the numbers

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
damn this thread is old... but anyways $700 for a downpipe to go stage 2? kinda pricey..

so APR stage 1 w/ CAI (just the intake not the 2nd pipe right?) is 260 hp 305 tq
APR stage 2 w/ TBE + CAI (including the 2nd pipe?) is 274 hp 314 tq

i'm sure if i get the tune, downpipe and stage 2 CAI i'll lose maybe 3-5 hp ? things cost too much now a days!

Last edited:

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
damn this thread is old... but anyways $700 for a downpipe to go stage 2? kinda pricey..

so APR stage 1 w/ CAI (just the intake not the 2nd pipe right?) is 260 hp 305 tq
APR stage 2 w/ TBE + CAI (including the 2nd pipe?) is 274 hp 314 tq

i'm sure if i just get the downpipe and stage 2 CAI i'll lose maybe 3-5 hp ? things cost too much now a days!

that last part is a little confusing there are you saying exhaust an intake without a tune? and lose hp compared to a tune with those 2???

and it is pretty normal pricing for a higher end exhaust

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
that last part is a little confusing there are you saying exhaust an intake without a tune? and lose hp compared to a tune with those 2???

and it is pretty normal pricing for a higher end exhaust

fixed :laugh:

yeah i know the prices for the exhausts is normal... I just wished it was half off or something! haha

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
Arin,
Is the beta going to be released with the 2011 tune on March 1st or will this come out separately at a different time yet to be determined?

JP

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
Dyno testing will continue this week. I'll let everyone know when it's all finished.

New Testing from this same car:
Stock
APR Stage I (New Beta Calibration) <--- you guys are gunnna love it!
----

Testing Coming Up:
APR Stage II (New Beta Calibration) with Full Exhaust
APR Stage II (New Beta Calibration) with Full Exhaust and Intake

And More Testing To Come:
APR Stage III (New Beta Calibration) With Intercooler, Full Exhaust and Intake

So, yeah, just dropped a hint about new beta files. More Details to come. No one will be unhappy with these changes. :p

Beta?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the beta versions you hinted at above :wub: You also said something in another thread about an updated version of the stage 1-2 tunes being released with the 2011 rollout. I was wondering if that "updated" version was this Beta version? Don't try to be smart I have read these threads front to back when they discuss 2011 tunes. :fighting0030:

JP

bozaman

Ready to race!
Beta?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the beta versions you hinted at above :wub: You also said something in another thread about an updated version of the stage 1-2 tunes being released with the 2011 rollout. I was wondering if that "updated" version was this Beta version? Don't try to be smart I have read these threads front to back when they discuss 2011 tunes. :fighting0030:

JP

the post you are referencing from arin was posted in feb 2010, not feb 2011 - it's basically a year old. i would suspect that the beta he's talking about was released as part of the 2010 tune.