GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

nyc area looking for shops for VW

avni

Ready to race!
HEY ALL

Bought a used GTI mk6 2013 with 32k miles on it.

Came with APR intake, downpipe, and stage 2 tune.

Looking for a shop that specializes/frequently services GTIs for aftermarket mods.

Another question..I know many people install themselves, but is it common to go into these shops and purchasing for example "catback exhaust" from the shop itself or just bring in parts to have them installed there.

Thanks,

LOVE MY CAR BTW

JayJayTheJetPlane

Ready to race!
Im looking for a good shop for this too in NYC lol....from what Ive learned on my short time in these forums, ALOT of people do self work as its muchhhhhh cheaper than any shop will be, but if youre not a DIY person buying the parts yourself and just bringing it in for install should come out much cheaper since you can find steals and not pay retail for parts

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Cambertoe in Lynbrook put my DG springs on and did an alignment. Brought all my own parts, they just charged for labor. They upgraded to a bigger shop and also an APR dealer. I know some car club people who have brought cars there. Not sure what prices you’ll be quoted for the work you want but they do a good job.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Probably too far away but if you ever need any complicated work done to the Gti like a clutch or timing chain tensioner or something like that theres a shop in Branford CT that specializes in all cars German. I personally love the shop and they did my clutch and timing chain tensioner; the shop is called Xlr8 Performance.

avni

Ready to race!
THANK YOU MY FELLOW GOLF BROTHERS

YOU MAKE MY WORK DAY FLY :)