GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VAG-COM (VCDS) helper

dstructcode

Passed Driver's Ed
Got my VAG-COM in yesterday. Was so looking forward to enabling gauge sweep. When I saw that G my heart sank. Oh well, tons of other things to do :) Anyone know if there's a possibility for their to be coding for the G or if it's just DOA?

Also, if anyone in the DC area needs some VAG-COM coding, I'll see what I can do. :)

M0iDunno

Ready to race!
how do i find out if my cluster is a H, D or a G?! i'm thinkin of gettin the gauge sweep done..

Do an autoscan, and then look at the "Part No SW: XXX XXX XXX X" of the scan for Instruments. Mine looks like this:

Code:
Address 17: Instruments (J285)       Labels: 5K0-920-xxx-17.clb
   Part No SW: 5K6 920 870 D    HW: 5K6 920 870 D
   Component: KOMBI         H03 0305  
   Serial number: 00000000000000
   Coding: 370D00
   Shop #: WSC 01357 011 00200
   ASAM Dataset: EV_Kombi_UDS_VDD_RM09 A04052
   ROD: EV_Kombi_UDS_VDD_RM09_VW36.rod

No fault code found.

My2ndGTI

Ready to race!
I had my car at the shop this morning getting the APR Stage 1 ECU upgrade (yippeeeeee!!!!!). Chatted with the installer about VAG COM and he pulled out his laptop and plugged in. He did a few things for me:

1. Windows up with remote (works fine)
2. Cornering lights using fogs (works)
3. Emergency braking activate 4 ways (haven't tried it yet)

But he tried to deactivate the seatbelt warning chime and it gave an error (didn't accept the change).

I didn't want to spend much time with him tinkering since he wasn't charging me.

Why would the car not accept the change to deactivate the seatbelt chime? Anything to do with the field below that option (location set to Canadian)?

I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt. But I put the belt on after I turn the ignition. The chime bugs me. How do I turn it off???

p3asa

Ready to race!
Has anyone used a VAG-COM to disable the TPMS (Tire-pressure monitoring system) on a mk6 golf/gti? If you have could you post what steps you did to deactivate the TPMS?

Thanks in advance for your time and advice.

Reason why i am asking…

I just took off my winter stock steelies and put on my 18" audi wheels. The audi wheels don't have the TP sensors so i'm stuck with the TPMS error light always on.

Eh? I thought the sensor was part of the ABS system basically measuring the circumference of the tyre for any changes. Its certainly not in the wheels itself. Have you tried resetting the TPMS?

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
^ That's a Europe thing. In North America we have sensors in each wheel, at the valve stem, to measure the air pressure.

nikm

Passed Driver's Ed
On my MK5 radio was off only when I pull the key out and on my MK6 the radio is off when I turn ignition off. Is there a way to change it through vag-com? I want it be as on mk5. Thanks!

cleanmk5

Go Kart Champion
I had my car at the shop this morning getting the APR Stage 1 ECU upgrade (yippeeeeee!!!!!). Chatted with the installer about VAG COM and he pulled out his laptop and plugged in. He did a few things for me:

1. Windows up with remote (works fine)
2. Cornering lights using fogs (works)
3. Emergency braking activate 4 ways (haven't tried it yet)

But he tried to deactivate the seatbelt warning chime and it gave an error (didn't accept the change).

I didn't want to spend much time with him tinkering since he wasn't charging me.

Why would the car not accept the change to deactivate the seatbelt chime? Anything to do with the field below that option (location set to Canadian)?

I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt. But I put the belt on after I turn the ignition. The chime bugs me. How do I turn it off???
What do you mean by cornering lights using fogs?

Blazn5

Ready to race!
I am extremely interested in getting my car "Vagged-out". Here are the mods Im looking to implement:

1. Windows down with remote
2. Gauge staging (if my module supports such a thing)
3. Cornering Fogs
4. Emergency braking Flasher mod

If anyone is in the DC area with a Vag-Com I would be more than happy to pay $75 to anyone who could program the codes for me.

Anyone interested, please PM me.

Merelington

Ready to race!
What exactly does the auto-lock setting do? I have not done that one because I was unsure what would change.

I would also like to know.

On another note, I'm looking to disable the horn when locking and have the windows down via remote...anyone with vag-com in or around Hamilton, Ontario wanting to make a few bucks?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion