GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - PTP Turbo Firewall Blanket

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

After seeing the high quality of the PTP Turbo K04 Lava Turbo Blanket I requested be made, I asked PTP Turbo if they could custom build a proper firewall blanket to replace the hideous, frayed OEM fabric blanket and add a little more sound deadening to the firewall. I wanted to have a custom firewall blanket for the clean look, sound deadening and the one-time fix for the OEM deterioration problem. PTP Turbo was quick to provide a solution after I mailed them U-20T’s OEM firewall blanket. Using that as their outline, PTP Turbo fabricated a custom firewall blanket in the same shape, retaining the mounting holes and making sure the ends fit around the mounting hardware and hoses attached to the firewall.

Product Description:
If you’re tired of the rate at which the OEM firewall insulation deteriorates and would like to dress up your engine bay, the PTP Turbo Firewall Blanket was designed to replace the OEM firewall insulation on the Volkswagen MK5 and MK6 GTIs in addition to the MK6 Golf R. Designed to be a one-time fix for this deterioration problem, the PTP Turbo Firewall Blanket also provides superior thermal resistance and sound deadening over the factory insulation. With the front layer made from actual pulverized volcanic lava rock (continuous-filament basalt) formed into fabric and woven into a tight mesh weave, these firewall blankets are internally insulated with high temperature calcium magnesium silicate wool, overlaid with a high temperature silicone fiberglass.

Installation:

Overall Feedback:
Needless to say, this PTP Turbo firewall blanket fit like a glove (same shape) and looks amazing. It looks really clean behind my intake pipe and definitely stands out. You can use the OEM retaining washers/nuts to mount the PTP Turbo firewall blanket or general #10 speed nuts from a hardware store. The ends of the PTP Turbo firewall blanket surprisingly stay in place once they are tucked up against the firewall but I decided to apply self-adhesive Velcro to each end to make sure they stay tight against the firewall. I have also noticed that the annoying direct injection ticking noise is gone which speaks to the firewall blanket’s sound deadening capabilities. Overall, I am really happy that PTP Turbo was willing to create another custom product for the Volkswagen marketplace.

Last edited:

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
fuckin finally I totally need this my stock piece lost all integrity and the end towards the passenger side is flopping around like an old mans piishadil

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Looks like a great product. Definitly getting this. Florida heat is brutal!

you will love this.

Love it and want! Too bad it wouldnt make SoWo or I would order now.

you may be able to ask for expedited shipping, it takes all of 5 minutes to install.

nice! another good review ryan! know when they'll start offering this blanket to the public?

this should be available now along with their K04/K03/IHI turbo blanket, I would call Joe at PTP Turbo to order.

Looks great !

Thank you, it's a nice custom tailored piece.

fuckin finally I totally need this my stock piece lost all integrity and the end towards the passenger side is flopping around like an old mans piishadil

Oh yea, I was so tired of that OEM firewall blanket hanging off. Every time I tried to push it back in place or fasten it, I would have to fight a cloud of fiber dust in my face.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
It says pre-order on the website though. Mid May. If they could do it now, would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobt23821

Ready to race!
Wonder if it would fit my 2010 TDI Golf. The mice have been nibbling at mine. I think I got'em all though. If it fits, I would place an order.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
It says pre-order on the website though. Mid May. If they could do it now, would be awesome.

I'll ask Joe if they can release them sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just put in my pre-order!

Enjoy and post feedback here please.

Wonder if it would fit my 2010 TDI Golf. The mice have been nibbling at mine. I think I got'em all though. If it fits, I would place an order.

PTP is cool in the fact that if you call Joe, order one and test fit, he will refund you if it doesn't fit (similar to the K03/IHI guys testing the K04 turbo blanket they released).

oh wow, added to my wish list.

what slot number is this at? # what on your list?

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Enjoy and post feedback here please.

PTP is cool in the fact that if you call Joe, order one and test fit, he will refund you if it doesn't fit (similar to the K03/IHI guys testing the K04 turbo blanket they released).

what slot number is this at? # what on your list?

sorry not right now, my car is on the back burner for now. maybe someday.:)

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
oh on that note about the k03/IHI, were there any fitment issues? i unfortunately didn't do the test fitting.