GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 Motorsport Non Existent Customer Service

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
I will start off by saying 034 Motorsports customer service is terrible/non existent. So for 3 weeks now I have been waiting on a reply from them about warranting my street density mounts or atleast work with me on getting a new set since they are 2 yrs old with 30k miles. The mounts are starting to fall apart and crack so now I'm stuck buying new mounts since 034 doesn't want to reply. Moral of the story stay away from the street density mounts unless you want them to fall apart and deal with a company who's customer service is awful.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
It's not the first time I've heard of them falling apart. I'll have to keep an eye on mine.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
It's not the first time I've heard of them falling apart. I'll have to keep an eye on mine.

I know Jason Kay had the same problem his fell apart and got real sloppy. So he switched to bfi mounts

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Buy your 034 parts through FCP Euro, they will warranty them for you 100%.. the people there are incredible

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I will start off by saying 034 Motorsports customer service is terrible/non existent. So for 3 weeks now I have been waiting on a reply from them about warranting my street density mounts or atleast work with me on getting a new set since they are 2 yrs old with 30k miles. The mounts are starting to fall apart and crack so now I'm stuck buying new mounts since 034 doesn't want to reply. Moral of the story stay away from the street density mounts unless you want them to fall apart and deal with a company who's customer service is awful.

Just pick up phone and call and you can take care of the issue in a few minutes.. Email is not a good way to contact most smaller vendors. I have used their parts for years and never had a problem reaching them via phone. They will be responsive. I had those in my car as well. They are warrantied for 1 year. I had mine in for about 4 years and about same mileage and they did start to deteriorate but in fairness I was driving the car hard and at the track. They really are great for normal drivers that don't want any extra NVH but the trade-off is that it is still a rubber mount. Like you I was running K04 with aggressive tune and between the type of canyon driving and track use there is MUCH more heat and that also shortens the life along with all that extra power.

For my next build I used their billet mounts and nothing is going to move and they are designed for the kind of driving and power I have planned for. You could also go poly mounts and they will hold up better to stress, heat etc. and they are much cheaper than the 034 Motorsport billet mounts.

Last edited:

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Just pick up phone and call and you can take care of the issue in a few minutes.. Email is not a good way to contact most smaller vendors. I have used their parts for years and never had a problem reaching them via phone. They will be responsive. I had those in my car as well. They are warrantied for 1 year. I had mine in for about 4 years and about same mileage and they did start to deteriorate but in fairness I was driving the car hard and at the track. They really are great for normal drivers that don't want any extra NVH but the trade-off is that it is still a rubber mount. Like you I was running K04 with aggressive tune and between the type of canyon driving and track use there is MUCH more heat and that also shortens the life along with all that extra power.

For my next build I used their billet mounts and nothing is going to move and they are designed for the kind of driving and power I have planned for. You could also go poly mounts and they will hold up better to stress, heat etc. and they are much cheaper than the 034 Motorsport billet mounts.
I don't even drive the car hard honestly plus it's never been tracked only daily driving. I guess that's what I am going to have to do call them since they still haven't replied back.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Well they finally responded to Hs tuning so I had to take more pics of the mounts and send them in so they can look at them. Just waiting now to see if they will warranty them.

clownish

just clowning around

I really like their billet stuff - I have had their billet mounts in for about a long while now and it’s been good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I really like their billet stuff - I have had their billet mounts in for about a long while now and it’s been good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is good to hear. The other nice part is that you can refresh them if they become worn.

clownish

just clowning around
That is good to hear. The other nice part is that you can refresh them if they become worn.

I just checked my records - I've had the billet mounts in for 24k mi so far and they feel great, look okay on visual inspection. The inserts might need a refresh but the season is closing down so maybe over winter or end of next season. The other mounts I was interested in were those DLI Teknik ones, the combination spring/billet ones that a lot of R32 guys like to run, I think they're Swedish imports?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Just went through this with them. Lots of back and forth emails before they agreed to have me send them in for a replacement. They wanted me to buy new mounts because they couldn't find the record of the original purchase. I switched to bfi stage 2 mounts and will sell the 034s when they come back.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
well they finally decided to warranty my mounts so that's a plus.