GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Passing Inspection With APR K04 V3.1

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
ive also always needed two spacers on my cbfa. one never works for me but there are always guys that will say otherwise

Yeah, my 42dd downpipe passed with only one spacer, but the APR needed a 2 spacer configuration.

KFahey

Ready to race!
BUY A STICKER FROM A FRIEND AND SLAP IT ON
Lol yeah is that what you do every year?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie

Looks like I'm clear! I did install an angle block spacer on the precat sensor. Not sure if it was necessary but my car seems to run smoother with it on. I have two pending p0420 and p2096 (prob my exhaust leak that I haven't fixed), but they haven't thrown CEL after about 80 miles.

I believe at this point I will pass ODB2 smog with apr k04 3.1 with 3 bar map sensor on stock mode with f23t. I've read that pending fault codes that haven't triggered will not affect smog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
My RAI spacer with the middle jet after the cat (3rd O2 sensor location) would not allow me to set readiness. Eventually, we tried adding a 2 - 2.5" straight spacer before the cat (2nd location) and it worked like a charm.

What was the 2 -2.5 straight spacer that you added?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
This car has been straight up a PITA to get inspected. I swear, I I knew how much trouble I would of never modified it.

I am currently catless DP w/K04. My Catless DP has all 3 sensors connected to it. I tried added a spacer to the end RAI spacer to the end hole. Never got a ready status.

I then didn't know that my stock DP only had two holes and thought I was given back the wrong one from the shop when I had my aftermarket one installed. Then found out via the shop that stock cat CBFA with K03 has 1 sensor on turbo, other two on the cat, thus I need a new bung welded in for the K04 setup. What a PITA.

So now I'm having that done and need to hope it works since I'm expired after this month. Uggggh.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
This car has been straight up a PITA to get inspected. I swear, I I knew how much trouble I would of never modified it.

I am currently catless DP w/K04. My Catless DP has all 3 sensors connected to it. I tried added a spacer to the end RAI spacer to the end hole. Never got a ready status.

I then didn't know that my stock DP only had two holes and thought I was given back the wrong one from the shop when I had my aftermarket one installed. Then found out via the shop that stock cat CBFA with K03 has 1 sensor on turbo, other two on the cat, thus I need a new bung welded in for the K04 setup. What a PITA.

So now I'm having that done and need to hope it works since I'm expired after this month. Uggggh.

CBFA if way trickier, especially with no cat.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
So I just got the OEM cat put back with the new bung welded into it and still did not come up ready. After driving it a bit longer, I now got CEL that says PO133 O2 Circuit Slow Response (Bank 1, Sensor 1). Sounds like a shot O2 sensor... I swear, I'm about to dump gas on this car and light it on fire. 3rd week trying to get this pos inspected... Now I need to figure out if it is a shot O2 sensor or something else... What can go wrong next?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
To add to my issues, I called APR and found out that even though I'm on a stock load file, the overall file that the shop used to flash my car was the K04 V3.1 Test-Pipe file, thus even in stock mode it will not recognize cat/o2. He advised me to get the car reflashed... I swear, can anything else go wrong? Oh wait it did. Now my clutch/brake pedal are vibrating whenever I idle since getting the OEM DP installed...

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Another day, additional headaches but I know and understand a lot more now than ever before with this emission bs and this car.

So I took my car to get my APR 3.1 Test-Pipe file flashed to K04 Non-Test Pipe file at my local VW dealer that works with APR. Apparently they weren't aware that there was a Non-Test pipe file and completely flashed my ECU back to stock. I advised the technician that I spoke with APR and they had a non-test pipe file. He said it made sense because now I was getting an error due to the 4Bar map sensor on the OEM stock file. He went to go reflash it to that file but something went wrong and they had to keep my car overnight.

I call today to find out and they were just finishing up after working with APR and overall over 4 hours on the car. I imagine something really got fuked up with the ECU and they had to reprogram it entirely. I spoke with the technician and he advised that this was a new file that APR recently put out. It is basically a Test-Pipe file for 93 octane and 100 octane, but when you go back to stock mode, it becomes a non-test pipe file. That was always how I thought it worked but dummy APR thought people would want to run in stock load levels while still ignoring their sensors? Now they made it so you can be sensor free with the higher octane modes and then go to sensor reading stock mode.

So that's that. Now I have to verify if my O2 senor is really shot and replace it if so. AFTER that, I can drive through the good ole DM motha fu**kin V.

AaronC1

Ready to race!
Another day, additional headaches but I know and understand a lot more now than ever before with this emission bs and this car.

So I took my car to get my APR 3.1 Test-Pipe file flashed to K04 Non-Test Pipe file at my local VW dealer that works with APR. Apparently they weren't aware that there was a Non-Test pipe file and completely flashed my ECU back to stock. I advised the technician that I spoke with APR and they had a non-test pipe file. He said it made sense because now I was getting an error due to the 4Bar map sensor on the OEM stock file. He went to go reflash it to that file but something went wrong and they had to keep my car overnight.

I call today to find out and they were just finishing up after working with APR and overall over 4 hours on the car. I imagine something really got fuked up with the ECU and they had to reprogram it entirely. I spoke with the technician and he advised that this was a new file that APR recently put out. It is basically a Test-Pipe file for 93 octane and 100 octane, but when you go back to stock mode, it becomes a non-test pipe file. That was always how I thought it worked but dummy APR thought people would want to run in stock load levels while still ignoring their sensors? Now they made it so you can be sensor free with the higher octane modes and then go to sensor reading stock mode.

So that's that. Now I have to verify if my O2 senor is really shot and replace it if so. AFTER that, I can drive through the good ole DM motha fu**kin V.

Damn! You finally pass?

Luckily I'm CCTA and live in Nebraska where there are no checks. However, I might be moving so doing some poking around on what's required to pass emissions testing.