GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Shades of grey" my 2011 ug build

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
Shawn thank for kind of word and i will work on the other stuff u sent me k.
anytime my firend
more pics!?!?
I'll be taking some soon
the carbon fiber seems to reflect a lot of light in pictures, i am sure it looks different in person
The flash lights it up like a xmas tree in actual sunlight it's semi-gloss & is very subtle.

Shawn - which springs are you going to run?

H&R super sports with koni yellows

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!

Making some slow, but steady progress, gotta thank Adam strunk for the good work. Front brembo's are on. They are 355mm & needed a 12.5mm spacer to fit. There is a little rubbage, but we did the screw mod & will roll the fender this week.

Car is lowered on H&R ss springs with koni yellows. It should settle and get a little lower, but I'm happy with how she sits. Gonna do the pendulum/torque mount tomorrow along with a alignment. We also threw on the H&R rsb w/ bsh end links today. Suspension wise we still need to do the front sway bar/end links, whiteline walk/full bushing kit, space out the rears etc.... Still waiting for the rear brakes to come in as well. Once, we get the above done we'll move on to performance mods & putting my R bits & exterior stuff on etc...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
wow, great build here!

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
Fenders rolled tonite, so no more rubbing:

Also, put the R tails in, but didn't wire up the rear fog gonna do that on thursday:

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
Got the rears spaced out today, 12.5mm all around now

I like how she's sitting now, but I hope the rears comes down just a tiny bit? For springs I'm very happy:thumbup: The koni's ride like a dream too. I'm getting a little clunking from the sway bars, but nothing major. Also, a tiny bit of rubbing from the spacers on the fender liner, but I can live with it. Waiting for all my performance parts to go on in about two weeks. I'm also trying to have a notchless double sided cf hood made for this so I can run a badgeless grille, don't worry I'll paint it. Hopefully my osir lip & adams rotors for the rears will be in any day now. I'm loving this car more & more everyday. Planning on having her looking proper for wf/h20. Ughhh, I had my camera on some weird landscape setting so don't mind the photo below, but at least you can tell how she's sitting.

Wiring in the rear fog tonite too.

Last edited:

dsm1983

Go Kart Champion
Got the rears spaced out today, 12.5mm all around now
I like how she's sitting now, but I hope the rears comes down just a tiny bit? For springs I'm very happy:thumbup: The koni's ride like a dream too. I'm getting a little clunking from the sway bars, but nothing major. Also, a tiny bit of rubbing from the spacers on the fender liner, but I can live with it. Waiting for all my performance parts to go on in about two weeks. I'm also trying to have a notchless double sided cf hood made for this so I can run a badgeless grille, don't worry I'll paint it. Hopefully my osir lip & adams rotors for the rears will be in any day now. I'm loving this car more & more everyday. Planning on having her looking proper for wf/h20. Ughhh, I had my camera on some weird landscape setting so don't mind the photo below, but at least you can tell how she's sitting.
Wiring in the rear fog tonite too.

nice.
btw, OSIR mentioned to me a while back that they can make a notchless double-sided cf hood. no problem whatsoever.

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
nice.
btw, OSIR mentioned to me a while back that they can make a notchless double-sided cf hood. no problem whatsoever.

Sweet, I'm gonna have it done. I'm dealing with zmax on of their distrubitors & hope to order next week & the red striped badgless grille. I think on a ug I could get away with out painting it, but I'll prob spray the top at least.

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
It was a pita between the vag com & wiring, but it's finally done, thank you Strunk for the help