GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weird noise from passenger side After stage 1, between 3-4K RPM

james9120

Go Kart Champion
So immediately after getting a stage 1 tune (trial) I noticed a sort of "howling" noise between 3-4K RPM at WOT. Trying to narrow it down. It's coming from the passenger side, can be heard outside I believe. I disabled the in cabin speaker, that wasn't it. It sounds similar to if you had a window cracked and the wind blew just right. But I can do it like clock work, in any gear. Goes away immediately after 4000RPM. Any advice?

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Are you in boost or just cruising?
Nvm just read wot. Maybe dv whistle?
Tunes seem to bring out resonances in intake systems as well

Sent from phone Tapa

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Are you in boost or just cruising?
Nvm just read wot. Maybe dv whistle?
Tunes seem to bring out resonances in intake systems as well

Sent from phone Tapa

Would the DV whistle? It happens to be right where APR limits boost to avoid surge I believe.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Would the DV whistle? It happens to be right where APR limits boost to avoid surge I believe.
My dv started whistling at peak boost when I was tuned. Do you know which dv you have?
Especially in this cooler weather the turbo is very happy.

Sent from phone Tapa

james9120

Go Kart Champion
My dv started whistling at peak boost when I was tuned. Do you know which dv you have?
Especially in this cooler weather the turbo is very happy.

Sent from phone Tapa

I haven't checked yet, but since it's at the front of the engine I assumed I wouldn't be able to hear it from the passenger side.

Coming from a TSI, I'm not too familiar with these engines. It's also most likely the original DV as the original owner was very dealership-only and it's not in the service records

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
That most likely is the DV whistle not sure if its normal but I am assuming it is.