GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Cleaned the fuck out of it.
Installed sprint booster and piaa sidelight bulbs.
Took apart the b-pillar top cover to fix an annoying rattle right at my ear. Think I got it. Lost the screw as it feel down to the bottom when pulling the cover out but with some trickery got it out with a magnetic extendable pen thing.
Put clear silicone under the b-pillar exterior door panels to hopefully stop squeaking.

4fit

Finally got the title for it! But the seller was heading out of town for the weekend, so still can't get tags for it. :( Been sitting in my driveway for 2 weeks now, tagless and taunting me.:cry:

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
Hey 4fit, welcome from another NC guy! We've got a few NC threads if you want to join in. Good luck on getting tags, I know that must be killing you!

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
Installed R8 red-top coils. Let me tell you, the wiring harness was a MAJOR PAIN to get unplugged!!! I even googled to see if there were any tips, but nothing other than people saying "unplug them" in spark plug DIY threads.

No, seriously. I pushed on the little lever on the back of the plug, wiggled, etc etc and it wouldn't budge. I finally put a small screwdriver down in the slot where the catch was, pushed the screwdriver toward the back, and pried the make the lever rock back from the underside. It seems they all had become stuck being on the car from the factory, and had to be broke lose from underneath where they made contact rather than by using the lever.

Oh, and swapped to my summer tires. Autocross on Sunday!

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Installed R8 red-top coils. Let me tell you, the wiring harness was a MAJOR PAIN to get unplugged!!! I even googled to see if there were any tips, but nothing other than people saying "unplug them" in spark plug DIY threads.

No, seriously. I pushed on the little lever on the back of the plug, wiggled, etc etc and it wouldn't budge. I finally put a small screwdriver down in the slot where the catch was, pushed the screwdriver toward the back, and pried the make the lever rock back from the underside. It seems they all had become stuck being on the car from the factory, and had to be broke lose from underneath where they made contact rather than by using the lever.

Tilt the harnesses up while pushing them towards the coilpack connection next time. The clip easily releases once you do this.

2.06thgen

Ready to race!
Finally got the title for it! But the seller was heading out of town for the weekend, so still can't get tags for it. :( Been sitting in my driveway for 2 weeks now, tagless and taunting me.:cry:

Damn that sucks I know you're probably counting down the minutes till he gets back well have fun when you get the tags put on

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion

Looks good.

i did nothing to the mk6, its clean and in the garage, but i did wash my wife's Turbo beetle, and it looks good.

thez99

Go Kart Champion

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Engine/Ignition/ES240943/

:D:yikes:

Kopasz

Ready to race!
H&R Super Sport Springs arrived in the mail from Redslumber yesterday.

Can't wait to get them installed........

miami90

Ready to race!
10k Service.

JCS-2.0T

Ready to race!
Stage 1 boner is official thanks to Georgetown VW :)

Drive home was a perfect mix of country road twisties, open straights, and even a bit of light traffic in the city. Weather conditions weren't optimal (cold/rain) and I'm not on my summer rubber yet, so I haven't got to see how it really performs.

All I can say is that its worth the money. The car just rockets through the first four gears and the extra passing pull in 5th is just there where it wasn't before. Looking forward to taking a nice Sunday drive tomorrow - weather forecast is looking much better!

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Stage 1 boner is official thanks to Georgetown VW :)

Drive home was a perfect mix of country road twisties, open straights, and even a bit of light traffic in the city. Weather conditions weren't optimal (cold/rain) and I'm not on my summer rubber yet, so I haven't got to see how it really performs.

All I can say is that its worth the money. The car just rockets through the first four gears and the extra passing pull in 5th is just there where it wasn't before. Looking forward to taking a nice Sunday drive tomorrow - weather forecast is looking much better!

Best bang for buck mod out there. Congrats buddy!

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Major spring clean today. Wash/polish n wax just clean it up. Nice drive after. Sunny and warming up here in Germany!

Attachments

• springcleangti.jpg
    springcleangti.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 260

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
1. Curbed the shit out of my front pssenger wheel getting pulled over.
2. Got two tickets: unsafe passing and no font plate.
3. Custom DIY Front Lip. (Needs Some Work)

1.)

3.)

Last edited: