GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buying Car After Lease...Need Advice

sttaydown

Passed Driver's Ed
Kind of off topic, but I went to get my safety, and they failed it because my rear brakes were worn too low. This is strange as my fronts aren't needing to be replaced.

Would anyone know why my rear brakes are to the point of repair, but my fronts aren't? I had the understanding that if anything, the fronts should need replacing before the rears as they do most of the work when braking.

Not sure if this matters, but my car is at 73,000 km.

Possibly back sticking at times or not fully disengaging the hand brake.

But you are correct, the fronts normally require replacement long before the rears

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
VW bias' to the rear.

you will do the rear twice before you do the front if you aren't always beating on the brakes.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
I'm a VW salesman in the US, but I'm pretty positive that the rules are the same for Canada.

1. You can NOT negotiate your buyout price at the end. You signed an agreement at the beginning and that's what you'll be paying no matter what.

2. If you want the car to be a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle (have a CPO warranty) then yes, you will have to pay for it to go thru the safety inspection, and replace/pay for anything that would make the car fail the inspection (for example your rear brakes)

3. I'm not sure how taxes work out by you, but i know that in the states you pay taxes on the buyout as well. Which is why most people do NOT buy out their lease. you essentially pay taxes on the car twice. Once when you lease the vehicle, and once when you buy it out.

Hope that helps a little bit.

sawyer4340

Ready to race!
My car passed its safety inspection today. Finally onto buying out the lease on Saturday!!

I will let you know if anything new pops up in regard to hidden fees, but I'm pretty sure I'm safe now.

tbombsgen6

Ready to race!
Would you not just give VW Financial the payoff? Why would a dealer be involved at all? The buyout is stated on your original contract. The dealer should have nothing to do with it. There isnt a new transaction. You owe the payoff. The lease is simply a way of getting out of it.

sawyer4340

Ready to race!
Just to provide an update of how things went. Everything went really well.

I showed up on Saturday at 11:30am and I was out of the dealer by 11:45am. All I had to do was sign a bunch of papers and I even got a set of monster mats for free!!

That being said, it probably went faster than normal because I sent my insurance, drivers license, and proof of insurance to them before hand.

No hidden fees or other attempts to get extra $$ out of me.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk