GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Tiguan Pipe Install & Noise Maker Delete

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
what exactly does the Tiguan pipe do compared to whats under the hood currently?

And I am one of those that like that rumble at lower RPMs lol so if it gives me more rumble, I'm down.

It eliminates the unnecessary boost plumbing....so:

1. Better throttle response (due to less boost plumbing)
2. Cleans up the engine bay
3. Gets rid of the "fake" engine noises.....less of the Sea Doo/jet ski sound & more of the actual engine/turbo sounds!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Great DIY! Do you have the OEM part umner for that small hose clip?

Unfortunately I don't

I "borrowed" it from a Passat

There are no markings and/or part numbers on the clip either....so it must just be a universal VW clip :iono:

On my MKV though, I just zip tied those two hoses together (as an alternative)

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
Great job! looks so much better.
I have a question tho, is it possible to somehow plug it without removing so much? My car is a lease and im not sure if im going to be keeping it..

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Great job! looks so much better.
I have a question tho, is it possible to somehow plug it without removing so much? My car is a lease and im not sure if im going to be keeping it..

It's REALLY REALLY REALLY simple to do! (you just gotta keep all your stock parts)

FYI...my car is a lease too! ;)

eevolution3

Passed Driver's Ed
hi guys,

Ive been reading up on the noise pipe and am kinda confused as i don't see this pipe in my engine bay? BTW im from Malaysia. Different spec?

Anyone can concur if the Euro/Asian versions dont run the noise pipe?

Cheers

azer

How does removing a gti's noise pipe and fitting in a tiguan's noise pipe help reduce potential turbo boost leaks? I thought you were supposed to just remove it and plug it up? If you put in a different noise pipe, then wouldn't it just do the same thing? Sorry :iono: a bit new to this

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
How does removing a gti's noise pipe and fitting in a tiguan's noise pipe help reduce potential turbo boost leaks? I thought you were supposed to just remove it and plug it up? If you put in a different noise pipe, then wouldn't it just do the same thing? Sorry :iono: a bit new to this

Look at the pictures again in the first post...you're deleting the "noisemaker"/muffler that sits under the wiper cowl which creates the noise.

The "Tiguan" pipe is the better/OEM solution. On the Passat/Tiguan, they didn't have noisepipes/noisemakers....they just came standard with the ("Tiguan") pipe that I added to my car.

So you delete that pipe on your GTI....get better throttle response, get rid of the "Sea Doo sound", you get to hear the turbo/engine more instead, & you clean up the engine bay....ALL with an OEM look :thumbsup:

If you want to keep it simple/clean/OEM & not have issues with warranty....do the Tiguan pipe. It's a true bolt on mod.

A plug will work, but isn't the best idea (it can blow out...happened on a friend's MKV just over the weekend actually, and can leak too)

arsenal_mk6

Ready to race!
Awesome contribution man! Now only if someone could figure out how to get rid of the wastegate acuator rod making that racket between 2k and 3k :p

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Awesome contribution man! Now only if someone could figure out how to get rid of the wastegate acuator rod making that racket between 2k and 3k :p

Never heard it :iono:

Try this mod first & see if that helps out, because the noisemaker was annoyingly loud on my car :thumbsup:

arsenal_mk6

Ready to race!
Never heard it :iono:

Try this mod first & see if that helps out, because the noisemaker was annoyingly loud on my car :thumbsup:

You're extremely lucky if you don't have the issue and it kind of makes me wonder what's different about your car! :p It's a horrible noise to say the least.

ThunderPig

Ready to race!
I had the waste gate screech on my car and now at 5K miles and the noise seems to have worked its way out. Used to hear it all the time and until it got brought up here I had forgot about it because it doesn't do it any more. I did nothing to stop it. I did plug the noise hose but put original hose back on to prevent blow out and have Carbino intake. Dont know if that helped. I plan on replacing the pipe and removing the noise plumbing. Maybe with use the rod gets polished or something and makes it stop, like it needed to break in or something. Just a guess though. It will probably start up now the I have mentioned it.