Possible New K04 file from APR???

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
Just noticed this on Vortex..

It is from the thread located at..

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6030012-New-K04-Turbo

I had my car on that same dyno (USP) and that CC made over 15tq more to the wheels and a couple HP.

Take it for what its worth, Perhaps I'm just excited for something new? Would be nice to try something different before going back to dyno (which I plan to do shortly) so I can compare notes!

;)

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
Maybe in response to the mass exodus of people leaving APR k04 for UNI stg2+:iono: we will see....APR hinted at an improved FSI k04 tune that never came to fruition. Although I was quite impressed with the v1 to v2 apr update.

Last edited:

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
Maybe in response to the mass exodus of people leaving APR k04 for UNI stg2+:iono: we will see....APR hinted at an improved FSI k04 tune that never came to fruition. Although I was quite impressed with the v1 to v2 apr update.

Unlikely anyone would see the same gains as V1 to V2. But it does sound like APR has something up their sleeve. I'd also say it might be due to the Unitronic Stage 2+ file, except APR typically doesn't move that fast. :laugh:

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
From what I remember hearing is that the v3 will "supposedly" take care of the jerky part throttle feeling in first, the surging issues mid throttle. & overall better boost/timing control.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
interesting... as long as its not too aggressive / doing anything that creates more of a risk, I'd be stoked to get the update.

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
interesting... as long as its not too aggressive / doing anything that creates more of a risk, I'd be stoked to get the update.

That's not APR's style.

Maybe this "update" is for the newer motors with the weaker exhaust valve springs? Thats my guess.

That tune already exists.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I'm thinking,

Linear throttle modifier to account for the wonky OEM control strategies and maybe some play to get a little edge on power possibly. Nothing as drastic as V1--> V2

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
Well the guy in the CC fom the vortex thread dynod 340 wtq.....I would like to have a 35wtq boost over my current setup :D. Wonder what type of dyno he had it done on?

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
I went and was reflashed with the v2.1 tune last week. So far it's no different than the previous v2.0 tune as far as I can tell. I'm going to the track Friday unless it rains to see if there are any improvements.

That vortex thread is a little irritating after what apr said in steelcurtains thread about not doing custom tuning for customers.

TheCastle

Ready to race!
I'm looking forward to any updates and fixes that APR provides!

It would be nice to have them provide test-pipe and non-test-pipe switch-ability. I'm still not clear if its possible to have both files on the same ECU.

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
Well the guy in the CC fom the vortex thread dynod 340 wtq.....I would like to have a 35wtq boost over my current setup :D. Wonder what type of dyno he had it done on?

The dyno is a Dynojet. I had my car on the same dyno months ago and made 298/324.

I went and was reflashed with the v2.1 tune last week. So far it's no different than the previous v2.0 tune as far as I can tell. I'm going to the track Friday unless it rains to see if there are any improvements.

That vortex thread is a little irritating after what apr said in steelcurtains thread about not doing custom tuning for customers.

The V2.1 has no adjustments to increase power from what I was told. It just has minor adjustments to the V2.0. You should feel little to no difference.

;)

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
I'm looking forward to any updates and fixes that APR provides!

It would be nice to have them provide test-pipe and non-test-pipe switch-ability. I'm still not clear if its possible to have both files on the same ECU.

They have the "stock" file available with all readiness enabled and the 91-100 files with cel delete available now on the same ecu. That's what I have on my car. Switch to "stock" drive 50-100 miles to set readiness passes emissions in Texas no problem.

The V2.1 has no adjustments to increase power from what I was told. It just has minor adjustments to the V2.0. You should feel little to no difference.

;)
I would second that. Whatever was changed its nothing drastic or immediately noticeable. Honestly the car actually "feels" slower which I am blaming on adaptation right now :).

Status
Not open for further replies.