GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DEPO LED Tail Light Turn Signal Issue

xnikolix

Hello GolfMK6 family,

I just installed a set of depo led tails and everything is working correctly except the left turn signal. From my observations, the bulb is not dead (changed from stock to confirm) and wiring does not look harmed in any way.

Any thoughts on what coding can be done to ensure this works properly? I’ve been searching around the internet without any luck.

Any help is appreciated.

Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
dumb questions but have you tried flipping the bulb around? When i first put my euro tails in i put my reverse bulbs in and it didnt light.. flipped it around and it lit up... Now that was most likely just coincidence(and i probably didnt have the bulb all the way seated) but its worth a shot?

i think mine was just not seated all the way and the pull out/put back got it seated properly.

xnikolix

dumb questions but have you tried flipping the bulb around? When i first put my euro tails in i put my reverse bulbs in and it didnt light.. flipped it around and it lit up... Now that was most likely just coincidence(and i probably didnt have the bulb all the way seated) but its worth a shot?

i think mine was just not seated all the way and the pull out/put back got it seated properly.

That’s a good point and I believe I tried that but I can do a sanity check later today. Annoying that this is the one thing hindering me from using the taillights.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i think i remember reading a thing about making sure the contacts inside the light housing were flared up. Since they are metal they can sometimes get crushed down(with the light unplugged) try using a mini screwdriver or something to bend the metal contacts back towards the center so the bulb contacts are actually up against it.

Not sure if you are following what im meaning but its worth a shot to look inside and see if the light contacts arent bent away

xnikolix

i think i remember reading a thing about making sure the contacts inside the light housing were flared up. Since they are metal they can sometimes get crushed down(with the light unplugged) try using a mini screwdriver or something to bend the metal contacts back towards the center so the bulb contacts are actually up against it.

Not sure if you are following what im meaning but its worth a shot to look inside and see if the light contacts arent bent away

I know exactly what you mean, adding it to the list now for later. Thanks for the info, hopefully this does the trick.

xnikolix

I know exactly what you mean, adding it to the list now for later. Thanks for the info, hopefully this does the trick.

Tried everything last night and had no luck, looks like the the taillight assembly has some wiring issue giving power to the turn signal

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
well thats a bummer have you emailed/called the seller?