GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sequential/dynamic rear turn signals

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
i would not trust the quality of these at all. i tried all these brands out years ago...they all broke down on me within months. Just sayin, buyer beware.

Geffrey

i would not trust the quality of these at all. i tried all these brands out years ago...they all broke down on me within months. Just sayin, buyer beware.
Wel the controller is what usually fails but I made my own controller. The leds and chips itself are the same as a strip that cost €50.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5000 met Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
Nope. I’ve asked. It’s more involved than just led bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geffrey

Yes because as far as I've seen i need to make a little cut where I can feed my strip trugh. Now i was testing my prototype and came across a few problems.

1. My car gives a bulb out error cous I only use the 12v of the blinker to read as a high signal. Can I fix this with just a resistor between 12v and 0 to act like a bulb?

2. When I unlock the car the indicators flash but my controller needs 12v and it is only on when my lights are on how can i fix this? Is there a continuous 12v signal around the area of the lights?

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Yes because as far as I've seen i need to make a little cut where I can feed my strip trugh. Now i was testing my prototype and came across a few problems.

1. My car gives a bulb out error cous I only use the 12v of the blinker to read as a high signal. Can I fix this with just a resistor between 12v and 0 to act like a bulb?

2. When I unlock the car the indicators flash but my controller needs 12v and it is only on when my lights are on how can i fix this? Is there a continuous 12v signal around the area of the lights?

There is 12v constant going to the hatch latch or the 12v power port in the trunk.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion

cybonic

Passed Driver's Ed
You can have this done for 250 far less then 1k.

too bad no one does it over here, and i aint good with electronics, illumaesthetic offers total custom lights, programmable and all. but ya from 1k onwards, they are more to the jdm scene

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
too bad no one does it over here, and i aint good with electronics, illumaesthetic offers total custom lights, programmable and all. but ya from 1k onwards, they are more to the jdm scene

Who cares if there isn't anyone here who does it I rather ship my tail lights out over seas and pay 250 then shell out 1k.

zug

Passed Driver's Ed
I know I'm digging up an old thread but can anyone who has successfully done this mod give me an update on the reliability of these LED strips? Someone mentioned that they break within a few months so I wanted to get some first hand reviews before I decide which LED strips to buy. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

m1lfyJ

Sequential Led Mod

I know I'm digging up an old thread but can anyone who has successfully done this mod give me an update on the reliability of these LED strips? Someone mentioned that they break within a few months so I wanted to get some first hand reviews before I decide which LED strips to buy. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I don't have this particular set , however most of the kits are simply a regular strip of LEDs inside of a tubing to soften the colour and make it look smooth. These tubes are sealed with silicone, and if bent too much, or handled rough, may break the seal from the silicone. The other issue here is that because they are sealed, the heat from the LEDs has no where to go. Its asking to fail if it's not made properly.

On a side note, I recently chopped up my taillights from ED (Dark Cherry) and installed a strip I found on eBay. We shall see how long they hold up!

No link, but here is the title :
2pcs 60cm Sequential Switchback Headlight LED Strip DRL Light Tube Knight Rider

For those of you interested in doing this, I will take some photos of the open taillights. I can tell you right now, it's not fun and you're almost guaranteed to see some damage on the inside of the lens if you do decide to cut them open like I did (soldering iron/fine tip) .