GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVI to MKVII headlight conversion

mattyice703

So I really want to buy some MKVII replica headlights for my MKVI but am having trouble finding any that will work with the the adaptive front lights. Anyone know of a set out there that will work and have the "dual U" (?) running lights?

kerp

Ready to race!
Pretty sure only OEM will support that function. Your best bet are the OSRAM headlights, but those come with a hefty price.

KITEWAGON

Passed Driver's Ed
Pretty sure only OEM will support that function. Your best bet are the OSRAM headlights, but those come with a hefty price.

The OSRAMs are plug and play with halogen cars. I don't think they work with the HID equipped cars.

mattyice703

sounds like a resounding "no" then. Guess my only option would be to ditch the adaptive feature, convert to a full LED/HID setup and code as needed? Sounds like a hassle......

pics to come soon :)

KITEWAGON

Passed Driver's Ed
sounds like a resounding "no" then. Guess my only option would be to ditch the adaptive feature, convert to a full LED/HID setup and code as needed? Sounds like a hassle......

pics to come soon :)

No, you should totally do that and then sell me your entire OEM lighting package on the cheap! ;)

mattyice703

No, you should totally do that and then sell me your entire OEM lighting package on the cheap! ;)

Full disclosure, I was putting in coilovers in the rear and broke that stupid leveling sensor on the left rear control arm so my headlights are points straight down, which makes driving at night super fun. The sensor costs juuuuuuust enough to replace that i'm considering changing the whole setup. I'll see what this month's bill's bring but if i go for it, Ill let you know what I'm selling them for. :iono: