GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

anyone try the ebay carbon fiber spoilers?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Just curious. Usually if it's too cheap to be good, it holds true. But boy, so many DIRT CHEAP china C/F spoilers, rear lower diffusers etc that i kinda wanna try. Worst case, hopefully return?

Short of fitment, my only concern is how well the cleacoat holds up on the various pieces, even if i were to seal and wax regularly.

Anyone try them? See a lot of spoiler extensions, can't believe everyone forks out $500+ for these things...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Also, in4flaming. Lol.

For the record I did try out a set of gloss black mirror caps. They did not fit... At all. So I returned them for my $30 back lol

I like doing things the right way... But sometimes the cheap way can pay off too ;) for instance everyone and their mom uses the eBay Euro tail lights and they work out just fine for being 1/4 the price of oem

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Also, in4flaming. Lol.

For the record I did try out a set of gloss black mirror caps. They did not fit... At all. So I returned them for my $30 back lol

I like doing things the right way... But sometimes the cheap way can pay off too ;) for instance everyone and their mom uses the eBay Euro tail lights and they work out just fine for being 1/4 the price of oem

This. My $160 shipped catless downpipe is still holding strong after 3 years and michigan winters. *knocks on wood*

riceburner

Autocross Champion
exactly haha. some cheap things last forever. buuut some dont!

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
yeah i am curious about the rear diffuser. id prefer carbon fiber look to the shitty matte plastic

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
From what I've heard from others, the spoilers on ebay are ok...they fit, but not perfect. But just like LED tails, the reps are not perfect either. So if you are ok with minor imperfections, then go for it. I bought an ebay CF diffuser from a member here and it didn't fit at all. None of the tabs lined up for me, so I don't know how he got it to fit on his car.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
From what I've heard from others, the spoilers on ebay are ok...they fit, but not perfect. But just like LED tails, the reps are not perfect either. So if you are ok with minor imperfections, then go for it. I bought an ebay CF diffuser from a member here and it didn't fit at all. None of the tabs lined up for me, so I don't know how he got it to fit on his car.

lol probably zip ties. :iono:

MK6gti12

I bought the ECS tuning carbon fiber lip from eBay but I haven't bought a generic carbon fiber anything from eBay. Only other thing I bought from eBay was a full exhaust for my beater civic to get to work and it was alright.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Ebays chinese cf is a hit or miss just like ecs since ecs cf parts are made by the chinese but with a huge mark up.

Korydogg

Ready to race!
I bought a ebay front emblem and it worked out ok. The fitment wasn't perfect but it will do. I think that goes for a lot of the stuff on ebay......especially from over seas. Sometimes you just gotta order it and hope for the best.

With that said I think if I was going to order a CF item id try and get it from a reputable source. If it is real CF then you want a quality product.