GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 Steering Wheel Base to Drivers....

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

I have been looking for someone who has changed out their base model MK6 steering wheel with a steering wheel with the button controls. Did a search and can't find much.

I recently changed my head unit to the RCD330G Plus with Android Auto and I love it. I would like to retrofit my base model sterringwheel (without any buttons) with the drivers package steering wheel.

I am wondering:
1. What would this process include?

2. Where is the best place to buy a new wheel?

3. Is there a wire from the steering wheel to the head unit? Is that wire in the 2012 MK6 base unit without driver's wheel?

clipster

Passed Driver's Ed
You don't actually have to buy a new steering wheel, just the multi function controls along with the module that goes into the steering wheel.

If you are not really into diy, the yes the steering wheel swap would be your best bet.. Ymmv, but check the classifieds often.

Of course, you still need to change your airbag harness and steering wheel control module in order to use the steering wheel controls. (so still a bit of work)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

You don't actually have to buy a new steering wheel, just the multi function controls along with the module that goes into the steering wheel.

If you are not really into diy, the yes the steering wheel swap would be your best bet.. Ymmv, but check the classifieds often.

Of course, you still need to change your airbag harness and steering wheel control module in order to use the steering wheel controls. (so still a bit of work)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Do you have a guide or video with this process?