GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
amazon has them cheaper per unit than from Mann directly. even in the case-of-10. eff ECS.

Mahmud_93

You can buy carista. It's an app and a obd2 you plug into your car. If you swap to led tail lights aftermarket or oem I'm prwrrt sure u have to code them. Carista can do that plus other things.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Ive read about Carista and OBDeleven and a few other products now.

Does the OBD connector thing have to stay connected to the vehicle for the error light to clear?

As in is the clearing of the error code permanent or not?

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
What do you guys think... Need to replace my oil pan since the threads are stripped and I couldnt get it to tap correctly. Do I do OEM or would a Dorman or other aftermarket oil pan be just fine?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
What do you guys think... Need to replace my oil pan since the threads are stripped and I couldnt get it to tap correctly. Do I do OEM or would a Dorman or other aftermarket oil pan be just fine?

OEM is the sure thing but aftermarket could be fine... i'd look around online for reviews if you go that way

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Ive read about Carista and OBDeleven and a few other products now.

Does the OBD connector thing have to stay connected to the vehicle for the error light to clear?

As in is the clearing of the error code permanent or not?

i believe that once you clear the codes, the connector does not need to stay attached. If you're considering buying it may be worth asking the manufacturer before purchase.

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
Could I pair say a APR DSG tune or Unitronic DSG tune with my COBB tune?

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
so when i was replacing my cabin filter i noticed something

on the interior trim near the passenger side footwell (center console side) there is a single screw but i noticed it is not screwed into anything and i can freely gently "rock" the interior panel... is this by design or is it not screwed into something its supposed to be screwed into?

literally the most random/dumb question lol

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
so when i was replacing my cabin filter i noticed something

on the interior trim near the passenger side footwell (center console side) there is a single screw but i noticed it is not screwed into anything and i can freely gently "rock" the interior panel... is this by design or is it not screwed into something its supposed to be screwed into?

literally the most random/dumb question lol

pics, so we can compare?

Mahmud_93

Another question......

Ive bought my Golf MK6 Match 1.6 TDI 2012 as a second hand car recently.

I dont have any history of the vehicle other than service history.

Ive looked online and the top speed of the car is 117mph.

I was coming down the M45 in the UK yesterday and wanted to max the car as I hadnt done it yet, was bored and the cameras were off lol

Put my foot down, fifth gear, the speedo went well past 117mph to at least 138mph and I had my phone sat nav on as well which was recording at least 135mph

Is this normal?

Or does this suggest my car has had modifications to it?

I dont know whether its stock or not?

Is there anyway to check without taking it to an approved VW garage?

I have access to the Carista OBD adapter and the paid subscription for it.

Cant test against any other Golf's as no one else I know has one.

Anyway I would know what mods have been made to the car? Or if the ECU has been tuned?

Or if the car has been remapped?

Any help would be appreciated

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Another question......

Ive bought my Golf MK6 Match 1.6 TDI 2012 as a second hand car recently.

I dont have any history of the vehicle other than service history.

Ive looked online and the top speed of the car is 117mph.

I was coming down the M45 in the UK yesterday and wanted to max the car as I hadnt done it yet, was bored and the cameras were off lol

Put my foot down, fifth gear, the speedo went well past 117mph to at least 138mph and I had my phone sat nav on as well which was recording at least 135mph

Is this normal?

Or does this suggest my car has had modifications to it?

I dont know whether its stock or not?

Is there anyway to check without taking it to an approved VW garage?

I have access to the Carista OBD adapter and the paid subscription for it.

Cant test against any other Golf's as no one else I know has one.

Anyway I would know what mods have been made to the car? Or if the ECU has been tuned?

Or if the car has been remapped?

Any help would be appreciated
I would find out who makes tunes for that car then call them up with your VIN handy. Find out if your car is tuned or not. If it's going faster than it should it's most likely tuned as they remove the governator and increase limits.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk