GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Muffler & Res. Delete

JhnR

Banned
I'd rather buy McDonalds coffee than that.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
I'd rather buy McDonalds coffee than that.

but its free? lol McDonalds is about 30 seconds from my work that place makes me sick. uh oh i reported myself for going OT.

reported.:D

Cloudlink041

Ready to race!
I love my Eibach Sport Lines! Solid drop

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
car actually sounds good. i was thinking it was going to sound like a civic with a Folgers coffee can at the end.

haha that actually made me lol. In person it sounds much different. It has a low grumble to it during normal cruising and when you gun it you can really hear the turbo whistle and it sounds hella throaty. I def recommend it.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
The H&R Super Sports are the lowest springs available. They lower the car the most. Thats what i wanted to do, until i found a great deal on my coilovers (Koni).

I'd recommend coilovers over springs. Been there done that. BUT if i were to sell my coilovers, id get a set of H&R Super Sports. Great drop. But be ready to get new shocks, they will crap out after 20k-30k after the spring install.

I would do coils but they are too expensive. My friend sold his coils for $300 and unfortunately I did not have the money at the time :'(. I know it says 1.5" drop in the front and 1.4" drop in the back but is that the actual drop or is it more?

joeeee

Ready to race!
where'd you get it done and how much if you don't mind me asking I was thinking about doing the muffler delete but might be persuaded to do both after hearing the videos.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
where'd you get it done and how much if you don't mind me asking I was thinking about doing the muffler delete but might be persuaded to do both after hearing the videos.

I got mine at King Muffler in Van Nuys but I don't necessarily recommend them. They fucked up the alignment on my tips, and same with my friends bmw. They charged me $120 for both, but depending on your budget, I can recommend a couple of really good places.

Cloudlink041

Ready to race!
GTI.jpg

My GTI is the one on the right. Eibach Sport Lines and the ride is great. Just watch the pot holes :mad0259:

red11

Passed Driver's Ed
The Eibach springs are great, I went with H&R personally...They are probably all in the same....

Cloudlink041

Ready to race!
Coils then. Springs can only do so much

AXO

Go Kart Champion
If you were my neighbor I would hate you! It sounds like you need a muffler! The drone would make my head explode! You cant hear you music or have a conversation with you passengers, especially if you are on the highway.

But when I was young, I probably would have thought the no Muffler sounded Bad Azz.

If I was you (I am know , I am not) I would look for a cheap Catback system. it seem like there is a trend of guys selling their GTI and there is a ton of aftermarket parts at half the price. Either that or just reinstall your muffler minus the resonator.

Just my $.02.....

Last edited:

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
If you were my neighbor I would hate you! It sounds like you need a muffler!

haha I don't think it's that loud in person. in the cabin it isn't so bad. but yeah it sucks because I leave to go to school at 6:00 every morning and it is crazy loud on cold start. oops