GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Dealers in SOCAL

JhnR

Banned
Im guessing that screw is on the back too? I'll have to try that out.

Negative, there is no screw on the rear. Im not sure how you rubbing, depends what offset are your wheels?

Whats the spec of your wheels?

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
I'm sure there's a thread somewhere about APR VS GIAC VS REVO.
Too many.
Is there really a difference at the end of the day?
With Stage I there is little -- if any -- difference in actual power. You may see slightly different numbers getting quoted, but you need to take those with a grain of salt, they are from different cars on different dynos under different conditions.

The differentiating factors are features, price, and to some extent customer service and support. You'll have to decide for yourself how you want to prioritize those.

ervin_mk6

Ready to race!
Too many.
With Stage I there is little -- if any -- difference in actual power. You may see slightly different numbers getting quoted, but you need to take those with a grain of salt, they are from different cars on different dynos under different conditions.

The differentiating factors are features, price, and to some extent customer service and support. You'll have to decide for yourself how you want to prioritize those.

Good answer
I don't picture myself getting any further than stage 1 although it is known that many have said this before and have gone all out. My GTI is my daily driver and plan on making it look good, feel good, and a little more power never hurts. Either way I'd pay the extra $100 something in case I change my mind.

D_Rave

Passed Driver's Ed
This is very tempting! I've been considering going Stage 1. Any problems with the DSG? I know I've seen posts about needing to replace the stock clutch afterwards. Is this only in MTs?

Thomas@GIAC

Ready to race!
This is very tempting! I've been considering going Stage 1. Any problems with the DSG? I know I've seen posts about needing to replace the stock clutch afterwards. Is this only in MTs?

No problems with the DSG. The 2012 model had the strongest clutch packs, but all are more than fine with stage 1 power and beyond.

Cloudlink041

Ready to race!
Negative, there is no screw on the rear. Im not sure how you rubbing, depends what offset are your wheels?

Whats the spec of your wheels?

225/ 40 18s

Its the stock Pirellis :iono:

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Search "APR Misfire" and get back to me.
That's on a limited number of cars that have incorrect, weak valve springs. APR has identified the problem and you can either install the correct valve springs, or get a modified version of the tune which also eliminates the problem.

Thomas@GIAC

Ready to race!
That's on a limited number of cars that have incorrect, weak valve springs. APR has identified the problem and you can either install the correct valve springs, or get a modified version of the tune which also eliminates the problem.

These problems were apparent well before the MED17.5.2 was even available.

Cloudlink041

Ready to race!
I have the resonator delete, but stock software and its not that bad. I know that once you tune it, it will sound louder. As far for the spacers...i have 12mm on mine and i dont rub, and my car is pretty low on coilovers..

i actually want to do 15mm on the rear instead of the 12mm..

I want to get rid of my 15mm, interested? Too much rubbing with my suspension.

Avant

Ready to race!

No problems with mine. Got Stage 1 around 200 miles on the car lol. I'm Stage 2 with 22k miles now and still no signs of slippage. (I'm 6MT)

I really don't know how people get clutch problems after getting tuned.. I don't even think I'm the best manual driver as this is my first manual car but maybe I got lucky with a good clutch?

GIAC's also running some custom Stage 3 DSG software on their K04 car making 350whp/400wtq and from what I read there seems to be no problems.

1stEuroRide

Ready to race!
Got the stage 2 GIAC tune Tuesday at Auto Union in Huntington Beach. Great shop, and group of guys. Had a blast the whole way home with no F'ing traffic so I could really open it up, very impressed... I noticed some of you guys got a GIAC badge with your tune, Thomas?

Avant

Ready to race!
Got the stage 2 GIAC tune Tuesday at Auto Union in Huntington Beach. Great shop, and group of guys. Had a blast the whole way home with no F'ing traffic so I could really open it up, very impressed... I noticed some of you guys got a GIAC badge with your tune, Thomas?

Bump for this guy.. for this thing: