GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage3+ Golf R vs K04 Gti

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Seriously? Do you even know what I have done to my car or the GTI's I have owned in the past? I don't recall putting that info anywhere. But please, educate me on modifying cars. And if you think the R is top of the line... well how did you put it earlier, "whatever makes you happy." I'm glad you think my DD is 'top of the line.'

Oh trust me that wasn't directed to you. I am just saying ;)

R is top of the Line in the Golf category of course.

Sent from my iPhone with typos

TooPoor1

Honestly, I'm just trolling a bit :) From a roll, I have been less than impressed compared to my MKV. I bet a decently set up TSI KO4 would make me go throw money at a PTE5858 with a built bottom end and maybe IE's new CnC head...

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Honestly, I'm just trolling a bit :) From a roll, I have been less than impressed compared to my MKV. I bet a decently set up TSI KO4 would make me go throw money at a PTE5858 with a built bottom end and maybe IE's new CnC head...

I think the R even on stage 1+intake is fun as hell in terms of pushing the car out of the corner and stops...funny many people that buy AWD here in Qatar don't even know its advantages..

My friend can't believe I pulled on two R8s, just because it's an "R8"...heck I know someone that thinks I would never pull on an R, because it has
"the awd" quoting from him haha :yikes:

TooPoor1

Yeah that's ridiculous. AWD has inherent parasitic drivetrain loss. That goes without saying. I think back to my MKV that I had weight reduction and stg2+ and I surprised a lot of cars (until 110mph ;) ) then she fell flat on her face.

Any plans to go further? BT perhaps? Not sure where the BT TSI market is at right now. Don't see much offered.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Yeah that's ridiculous. AWD has inherent parasitic drivetrain loss. That goes without saying. I think back to my MKV that I had weight reduction and stg2+ and I surprised a lot of cars (until 110mph ;) ) then she fell flat on her face.

Any plans to go further? BT perhaps? Not sure where the BT TSI market is at right now. Don't see much offered.
FSI is a better platform for big power based on what I've seen

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI

I wouldn't want to go any further to be honest...the car is perfect power-wise and very refined (Beside that annoying oil cooler noise :( )

Any more power and it's just burning tires..

TooPoor1

I wouldn't want to go any further to be honest...the car is perfect power-wise and very refined (Beside that annoying oil cooler noise :( )

Any more power and it's just burning tires..

Understood. I ended up grabbing some Hankook RS-3s and they were great. Something similar with ALK from a roll could be great BT though. Always room for improvement ;) Especially with the better flowing TSI head.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I love mine!

I can't understand all the quality concerns...it looked perfect and the welds are on spot, when I took it off for the K04 install :D

What's your setup? Stock turbo/BT?

TooPoor1

Wait, people complain about the quality? It's fucking fantastic and the best DP I've had (I've had 4, no names though). I'm just stg2+ with a E85 tune on the way. My clutch won't be able to handle it so I'm looking to upgrade, but shit, it's massively expensive.

I was about to sign papers on a 13' CTS-V before the R, but life threw me a curveball in the form of a baby, so we decided to go with the R and bank the rest for the incoming offspring.

Last edited:

GolfR1031

Ready to race!
God i left the forums a year ago bought a truck came back bought a golf R and these two fags (heartboyxx and djunited) are still doing the same shit they were doing when i left, always measuring to see who has the bigger dick. You think your k04 gti is so fast run an R from a dig then see who has the bigger dick fucking morons

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
God i left the forums a year ago bought a truck came back bought a golf R and these two fags (heartboyxx and djunited) are still doing the same shit they were doing when i left, always measuring to see who has the bigger dick. You think your k04 gti is so fast run an R from a dig then see who has the bigger dick fucking morons

:clap:

Halvie

WOOSA

you think an r is so fast, do the roll? doesn't it work both ways?

GolfR1031

Ready to race!
Thats my point we all have our advantages but you dont see any of the R guys putting the k04 gtis down. The k04s are putting the R down