GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 question

rpc07

Ready to race!
I'm currently stage one and early next year I plan on upgrading the clutch and picking up a k04 kit, question is, is there a big difference between the actual turbo that companies use (apr, revo, uni, Giac) this is not a software question. I would like to stick with revo since that is what my dealer uses. But I am curious if all these major companies use the same turbo or do they source them from different companies.

Thanks

jerome99

Go Kart Champion
Hardware is almost the same with all the only difference that I know of is where the dv mounts to

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

kurupt_hawaiian

Ready to race!
I have an AWE kit with APR software...no issues, runs like a champ!

K04 are all from the same company Borg Warner... They just modify it slightly but at the end same shit..

Other option is Lobba Turbo with GIAC tune. GIAC is also currently working on a FT23.

rpc07

Ready to race!
K04 are all from the same company Borg Warner... They just modify it slightly but at the end same shit..

Other option is Lobba Turbo with GIAC tune. GIAC is also currently working on a FT23.

I was reading about that also, if there is a solid tune out for the ft23 when I'm ready to pull the trigger it will seriously be considered. God to know about the software. If I go with a k04 I'll be going revo since I can get it through my dealership

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Still working on the f23t tune. Both GIAC and Eurodyne.

Been waiting for GIAC to get back on a couple things.

rpc07

Ready to race!
Still working on the f23t tune. Both GIAC and Eurodyne.

Been waiting for GIAC to get back on a couple things.

Your thread was the one I was following on that turbo/tune. No point in me pulling the trigger until it starts to get nice out early next year. Hopefully there is something solid by then.

TheCastle

Ready to race!
I'm currently stage one and early next year I plan on upgrading the clutch and picking up a k04 kit, question is, is there a big difference between the actual turbo that companies use (apr, revo, uni, Giac) this is not a software question. I would like to stick with revo since that is what my dealer uses. But I am curious if all these major companies use the same turbo or do they source them from different companies.

Thanks

As others have already stated, all of the companies use the same K04-064 turbo, the only difference between companies is the software tune, turbo muffler removal and if they do a diverter valve relocate or keep it in the stock location. Also I'll bet you can buy a used K04 from any company and mount it to the car then use your software choice.

I have a K04 and love it, of course besides the substantial improvement in power you will trade add a higher boost threshold. I.E. your engine will have to rev higher before there is sufficent exhaust flow to spool the turbo. The IHI fully spooled around 1500-2100rpm. The K04 in my car requires about 2700-3100rpm to reach full spool. GT28RS is more like 3400rpm. As the turbos get bigger you trade more top end power for less bottom end.