GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AC System Cleanse DIY - Out with the Foot Smell

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
I'm curious, does the lemon scent smell like dishwashing soap lemons or like a citronella candle? I bought some of 1Z's wiper fluid concentrate and it smelled like mosquito repelling candles everytime I sprayed the windshield. It gave me headaches.

Also, do you think the lemon smell will dissipate quickly or is it strong enough where you will smell it for the next few months?

More like dish soap lemony scent, or the Clorox kind of lemon scent, not a "stinging" kind of smell.

It will be gone in a week tops

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Definitely need to do this soon. Weird thing is the stanky smell is only noticeable during humid days (w/ cold mornings).

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
worked killer. i didnt anticipate today being 85F so i got a free chance to test it too. no odors at all from it now, except a little lemon. have the next kit ordered for the Xterra which has 50k miles.

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
worked killer. i didnt anticipate today being 85F so i got a free chance to test it too. no odors at all from it now, except a little lemon. have the next kit ordered for the Xterra which has 50k miles.

Nice. The klima seems to be the best at actually getting rid of the gunk, not just covering it up with a smell. And the way I've got it laid out, you get direct access to the evap fins, so it's a pretty fool proof procedure

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
im confused on the xterra job after tonights inspection. got my set of supplies. so i remove the cabin air flter and can't see jack, its BEHIND the glove box. (which i removed). so then i removed the blower motor to look around. i do see a radiator to the left in the ducting. but, im not sure if its the heater core or the evaporator, and how i even tell. i think it would do nothing for the A/C if i accidentally sprayed the heater core instead. so i have to research this tonight on newx.org forums..

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
looks like the unit close to the blower motor is indeed the evaporator. sweet.

and this makes it 100% positive. thats the evaporator.

Last edited:

ATLienMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
Where did you purchase the Klima-cleaner? I am trying to order but it is difficult to find the Professional.

Also is there a difference in the pro, that you used, or the ETU(easy-to-use)? I can find ETU very easily but since you used the pro I would like to get the same one.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Where did you purchase the Klima-cleaner? I am trying to order but it is difficult to find the Professional.

Also is there a difference in the pro, that you used, or the ETU(easy-to-use)? I can find ETU very easily but since you used the pro I would like to get the same one.

youre right. i got mine on amazon. they dont have it anymore.

currently unavailable..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002Z2MKO

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
i did mine w/ a can of lysol the same exact way following klima's instructions and it worked for me. way cheaper too.