GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic vs CTS Turbo Exhaust

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
any thoughts on how the Unitronic TBE system compares to CTS Turbo with a similar setup?(Being Catted and resonated) I'm kind stuck between the two, Cts cause its the cheapest and seems to be simliar to the Uni setup, Unitronic cause its a big name tuner that hopefully costs more than CTS for a good reason. I'm just wondering if there is a good reason lol. So if you have had any experience with BOTH of these in terms of sounds, dyno numbers, overall quality, etc. Please let me know

PrisonerOfDoom

Ready to race!
I have a Unitronic catback exhaust and just received their downpipe, but haven't been able to install it yet. The catback's fitment was perfect and the sound is great. It has a nice deep tone with zero drone. The built quality is fantastic as well. I would recommend ordering with Modded Euros if you decide to go with Unitronic. Not sure if they sell CTS.

Double's Dub

Ready to race!
I have the CTS catback, and yes, there were some minor adjustments that had to be done. Long story short, i had to bend one of my exhaust hangers in order for it to be perfectly aligned.

Also, i cut the tips off and tig welded some 4" 304 SS double walled tips onto it... much much better!

songyun

Ready to race!
just choose one the sounds you love.

07stuntin6r

Ready to race!
I was debating on those two as well. I couldn't find a cts without waiting a long time to get it so I went with the AWE catback instead. Im happy I did....fitment was perfect and the quality is top notch. Also it sounds amazing and it's built to order. Hell I even had a stoiker with my name on the muffler haha. Tips are sexy to best of all....$550 shipped from Supreme Power [emoji1]

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I was debating on those two as well. I couldn't find a cts without waiting a long time to get it so I went with the AWE catback instead. Im happy I did....fitment was perfect and the quality is top notch. Also it sounds amazing and it's built to order. Hell I even had a stoiker with my name on the muffler haha. Tips are sexy to best of all....$550 shipped from Supreme Power [emoji1]

that aint bad for 550 shipped. may have to look into that

Lucas_R

Passed Driver's Ed
I was tossing up between the SPM, CTS and the Unitronic.

I liked the look of the SPM the best (love the twin rear mufflers) but was warned by several people that they drone. So i scrapped that off my list.

Then it was down to the CTS and the Unitronic. I prefer the quality and design (v bands etc) of the Unitronic, but there are no resellers here in Australia, so I was going to have to import it from the USA myself....and with shipping charges and our crappy currency rate it was going to cost me around $1300-1400 landed.

I was able to get the CTS from a local reseller (DubAddiction) for $1000 and i should have it next week. Apparently the CTS sounds really nice (quiet but deep and no drone). The seller has fitted a bunch of the CTS exhausts and said that they fit well and are good quality...hopefully this is true. It will be mated up to an existing EuroJet downpipe.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
I should have my Unitronic 3" turbo-back installed tomorrow.

EDIT: Well, this was a no go because the muffler shop refused to work on my car. Now I am back in full-on VW hate mode again!

Last edited:

bskim2

Passed Driver's Ed
I was stuck between Unitronic and CTS too. I wanted CTS (same reason as yours), but CTS was back order since last Oct.
When I contacted CTS, they keep told me exhaust was available soon :(
I couldn't wait and went with Unitronic. Quality and fitment is top-notch

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
I was stuck between Unitronic and CTS too. I wanted CTS (same reason as yours), but CTS was back order since last Oct.
When I contacted CTS, they keep told me exhaust was available soon :(
I couldn't wait and went with Unitronic. Quality and fitment is top-notch

:) Uni makes an awesome exhaust. Def a popular system

Kyle@Unitronic

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I'll try and keep this from sounding too much like an infomercial, but for those of you who aren't familiar with the product, a quick snippet from our website

Also available here

Unitronic is pleased to present its 3” Turbo-Back Exhaust System for the Volkswagen GTI MK6 2.0L TSI 2008+. Featuring TIG welded T304 Stainless Steel CNC mandrel bent construction, stainless steel corrugated flex section, high flow 200-cell metallic catalytic converter, and a straight-through, free flowing design; Unitronic’s Turbo-Back Exhaust Systems are designed to remove the factory exhaust restrictions to unleash the full potential of the engine.

Like all of Unitronic’s Performance Exhaust Systems, a unique v-band fastener system, using T316 Stainless Steel flanges was utilized to ensure a leak proof connection every time. This is achieved through a locking ring on all Unitronic v-band flanges to guarantee a centric alignment of the two flanges. Unitronic’s mufflers feature a high density, high temperature glass fiber packing and are stamped with the Unitronic logo. These attributes combined ensure maximum performance, while maintaining a comfortable and unobtrusive tone inside the cabin. Exiting at the rear, exhaust gasses pass through dual 4” slash cut tips and engraved with the Unitronic logo.

Also, a quick video demonstration

If anyone has any other questions, comments, or inquiries, please feel free to contact me directly!

:thumbup: