GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock Exhaust Muffler is Slanted

JSwag420

Ready to race!
I recently noticed my left (drivers side) exhaust tip is hanging lower than the right. I'm able to put my fingers between the top of the tip and the diffuser where it stops at my knuckle and on the left tip I can stick my hole hand between there without it stopping at my knuckle. I did a brief inspection and none of the hangers appear to be broken or missing. From a distance you can see the muffler is just ever so slightly tilted which is causing the left exhaust tip to be lower (no bending or damage).

What area should I adjust to hopefully fix this? I've never really messed with my exhaust before so I'm not sure where any of the adjustment areas are located.

CHerna

Ready to race!
Did you run over something or back on to a curb? Check the hangers/grommets and make sure they are all still on properly.

JSwag420

Ready to race!
Did you run over something or back on to a curb? Check the hangers/grommets and make sure they are all still on properly.

Yep that's what I checked first. Didn't hit anything. All the hangers are in place. I just need to figure out where I need to adjust.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
You could try loosening the muffler clamp (at the downpipe connection) and rotating the whole exhaust system to get it even

Or bend the hanger, near the tip, to get it to pull up the muffler closer to the valance or away from it...whatever is required