GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Haha, that's the issue. Need the car running today

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Then I'd just go with stock one's wherever you can get them and then upgrade sometime down the road

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
That's what I mean, you just replaced with stock mk6 parts, not r8 coils or anything

Oh, right. Yea, I had to get stock coils. This happened after 5pm so there were only a few places opened still. Nobody in town except 1 Napa even had 4 coils for my car in stock. I replaced them with R8 coils months later and kept the other coils as backups and I keep those stored in my trunk.

GTIdriver39

Oh, right. Yea, I had to get stock coils. This happened after 5pm so there were only a few places opened still. Nobody in town except 1 Napa even had 4 coils for my car in stock. I replaced them with R8 coils months later and kept the other coils as backups and I keep those stored in my trunk.
Right on, thanks

ksandman

Ready to race!
Well, fun start to life with Cobb. Loaded 93 OTS tune, standard not high boost. Was leaving work today and car broke up at ~5k rpm, CEL flashing and then EPC light and limp mode. Got to park long area and shut it off. Starts up but idles rough and still seemingly in limp mode.

Unfortunately I took the accessport out of the car last night so it is on my table at home and not in my car at this moment.

Thoughts?

It’s a coil pack. Get new coil packs and gap your plugs down. When I went stage 2 Cobb ots I blew a coil pack theee weekends in a row until I gapped my plugs accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeez

Ready to race!
Well, fun start to life with Cobb. Loaded 93 OTS tune, standard not high boost. Was leaving work today and car broke up at ~5k rpm, CEL flashing and then EPC light and limp mode. Got to park long area and shut it off. Starts up but idles rough and still seemingly in limp mode.

Unfortunately I took the accessport out of the car last night so it is on my table at home and not in my car at this moment.

Thoughts?

What code did it throw?

GTIdriver39

It’s a coil pack. Get new coil packs and gap your plugs down. When I went stage 2 Cobb ots I blew a coil pack theee weekends in a row until I gapped my plugs accordingly.

Yeah it was a bad coil. Going to order a fresh set and install freshly gapped plugs for good measure. Thanks for the help everyone!

Last edited:

vermontmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
COBB Stage 1+ Stratified tune running lean

Stage 1+ on 2013 mk6 GTI.
Installed GFB DV+ to get rid of whistling.
Running Stratified OTS 93 octane map. I have not gotten the second (MAF calibration) map yet, Stratified wants me to solve the following issues first.

Revs hang for 1 second before dropping down during shifting.
Below 3000 rpm it almost like driving an automatic -revs not dropping off during shifting.
MPG down to 29.4.

AFR and fuel trims show that engine is running lean.

Codes:
P0101 Mass of volumetric Air flow Circ. Range/Performance. Defined as a Mass Air Flow Sensor Circuit/Performance Malfunction
P2177 System too lean off idle, Bank 1
P2279 Intake Air System Leak

My mechanic did a smoke test, didn’t find anything.

Stratified says to do a pressure test. How do you even ask my mechanic to do one of those?

Maybe it's a bad MAF sensor? But it was fine the day before I put the cold air intake in.

I feel like I should, gulp, take it to a dealer and have them diagnose and fix.

It's been two months with a poorly running car, I'm getting frustrated with the back and forth with multiple vendors, visits to my mechanic, and still not sorted out.

Enjoy Stage 1+ they said, it just bolts on and it's awesome, they said. Sigh. I know what I was getting into but this sucks. /End Rant.

ksandman

Ready to race!
Stage 1+ on 2013 mk6 GTI.

Installed GFB DV+ to get rid of whistling.

Running Stratified OTS 93 octane map. I have not gotten the second (MAF calibration) map yet, Stratified wants me to solve the following issues first.

Revs hang for 1 second before dropping down during shifting.

Below 3000 rpm it almost like driving an automatic -revs not dropping off during shifting.

MPG down to 29.4.

AFR and fuel trims show that engine is running lean.

Codes:

P0101 Mass of volumetric Air flow Circ. Range/Performance. Defined as a Mass Air Flow Sensor Circuit/Performance Malfunction

P2177 System too lean off idle, Bank 1

P2279 Intake Air System Leak

My mechanic did a smoke test, didn’t find anything.

Stratified says to do a pressure test. How do you even ask my mechanic to do one of those?

Maybe it's a bad MAF sensor? But it was fine the day before I put the cold air intake in.

I feel like I should, gulp, take it to a dealer and have them diagnose and fix.

It's been two months with a poorly running car, I'm getting frustrated with the back and forth with multiple vendors, visits to my mechanic, and still not sorted out.

Enjoy Stage 1+ they said, it just bolts on and it's awesome, they said. Sigh. I know what I was getting into but this sucks. /End Rant.

Flash the Cobb ots map on the car and see how it runs. If it’s still running bad, put the entire care back to stock and flash the ecu back to stock and see how it performs.

By pressure test I assume they mean compression test. Any mechanic can do that, but if it was fine prior to you installing parts I sense some install error going on.

But yeah put back to stock and flash ecu to stock if nothing happens with the Cobb ots map. Then go from there

zef

Drag Racing Champion

Laimface

Ready to race!
Or boost leak test maybe?

This. Smoke tests run at low pressures that work for things like exhaust systems and N/A intake systems, but not boosted systems. I boost leak tested my car and only developed leaks (found with soapy water) at about 16psi. Smoke testers only run at like 4psi.

UberFast

Ready to race!
He wants you to pressure test the intake system. Rig up a pressure tester. Easily done with items from your local hardware store. Ill attach a pic of the one I made. Pressurize the system up to 25 psi or at least what your peak boost is. I test mine at 30 psi just for shyts n giggles. Make sure to remove your oil cap when you do it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk